lower subframe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lower subframe

is it hard to drop out the lower sub frame want to replace it because one of the cross member bolts in the rear is bent and when im at it will be replacing the rack because its clicking

should i remove the engine to do this or will i be able to leave the bad boy in there?

it is not difficult,

i reccomend unbolting the Lower control arms entirely from the subframe & moving the spindle/LCA out of the way for removal of the subframe.
    All 17mm bolts & 1 17mm nut for the alignment post (noted close by the LCA mount point)

Since you are removing the steering rack as well. I reccomend poping the outer tie rods free from the spindle as your first step. secondly make well sure that you disconnect the steering column lower section from the steering rack or you'll regret it when trying to drop it.

source a Mx3 steering rack while your at it for another upgrade.

& no you don't have to remove the engine.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

ok thx

Comment

have someone with you. its much easier. i bench pressed my egt frame into my 323 with a one friend on each side to start my bolts for me.

NEUMAN

Comment

a jack will also suffice as a holderguy while you put bolts in
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
          X