This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marc93lx View Post
    Sweet dude! I take it the pistons worked out for you then?

.....was it you that bought my spare vj23? I forget.
    Yup, the pistons worked fine. And, yup, I got your spare vj23 and the RC 550cc injectors.

--Ferdi
    If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
    -----
    Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
    Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
    Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

Originally posted by smoke187 View Post
      so when do we get a video to watch
      Just got done installing the 5mm spacers and longer studs. I've got a dyno/tuning appointment for this Friday. I'll see if I can get some videos of the runs.

--Ferdi
      If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
      -----

Comment

I def want to see the dyno plot you get Ferdi. Looking forward to this one!

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
          I def want to see the dyno plot you get Ferdi. Looking forward to this one!
          Yeah, me too. It's been a long time coming. I just don't know if the ACT HD clutch will hold (I bought it a long time ago when the plan was a simple gtx swap). Well, atleast hopefully the clutch will slip before the tranny blows. I don't know how weak the g-series is, but it better not blow up on the dyno...

--Ferdi
          -----

Comment

Ferdi I'm at a loss of words for how fine.....

your Protege looks, I can't comprehend the power it will have when it's up to speed. Is your A/C operational with the mods?
            Damn she looks as hawt as I've ever seen a BP.

I would like mine to look so good!

David

Originally posted by ftjandra View Post
            Yeah, me too. It's been a long time coming. I just don't know if the ACT HD clutch will hold (I bought it a long time ago when the plan was a simple gtx swap). Well, atleast hopefully the clutch will slip before the tranny blows. I don't know how weak the g-series is, but it better not blow up on the dyno...

--Ferdi
            David
            sigpic Ky

Comment

I drool everytime I look @ this thread or your misc pics ferdi
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by riverrunnernky View Post
                your Protege looks, I can't comprehend the power it will have when it's up to speed. Is your A/C operational with the mods?
                Damn she looks as hawt as I've ever seen a BP.

I would like mine to look so good!

David
                Thanks for the compliments. Yes, the A/C works. I don't know how some of you guys deal without having A/C. Here in Atlanta, A/C was more important to me than the turbo, lol.

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                I drool everytime I look @ this thread or your misc pics ferdi

--Ferdi
                -----

Comment

Be careful ya don't max out the injectors. I would guess that your setup will be able to do so. Mine max out at about 90% (RC 550's here too) which is pushing it but so far so good. Keep an eye on duty cyle when you tune. ~375 crank HP is about the theoretical limit for that size injector. You're gonna **** bricks the first few hundred times you drive that thing, trust me on that. I've been saving mine up as I excrete 'em, should have enough to do a nice patio add-on....
                  Some guy in a Porsche, pretty sure it was a Cayman, tried to put me in my place tonight and got pwnt...by a car worth like half his down payment. Add another shat-sideways brick to the pile...
                  '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                  '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                  http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
                    Be careful ya don't max out the injectors. I would guess that your setup will be able to do so. Mine max out at about 90% (RC 550's here too) which is pushing it but so far so good. Keep an eye on duty cyle when you tune. ~375 crank HP is about the theoretical limit for that size injector. You're gonna **** bricks the first few hundred times you drive that thing, trust me on that. I've been saving mine up as I excrete 'em, should have enough to do a nice patio add-on....
                    Some guy in a Porsche, pretty sure it was a Cayman, tried to put me in my place tonight and got pwnt...by a car worth like half his down payment. Add another shat-sideways brick to the pile...
                    Hey Jay, what's the setup on your vj23 320whp car? How many psi? My tuner was reluctant to go past 19psi on pump gas.

Anyways, today's dyno session wasn't very exciting. I was having trouble with the trigger wheel signal (which I thought I fixed already) causing it to break up past 5.5-6k rpm. So far, it made 232whp/228tq at 14psi. But, there is still a lot of tuning left to do. I didn't bother getting any charts...

--Ferdi
                    -----

Comment

sorry to hear ferdi! i know it will get better give it time
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

WTF i haven't seen this thread yet!!!! damn man!!!! like holy crap maing!!! i go touch myself now...over and over
                        Originally posted by 90prtege
                        have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
                        Originally posted by Turpro
                        Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
                        CRZbrussian: that sux
                        CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
                        CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

Looks like you are on the right track with those numbers Ferdi, let us know on how it progresses.

Comment

Thats a sweet setup very nice.
                            Last edited by 323Foreword; 07-28-2007, 04:32 PM.

Comment

nice to see it all come along so nicely.. I cant believe i have never met u and u stay so close...

Comment

^slacker

Comment

Working...
                                X