Mazda Protege5 fitment guide

215/40/17; 215/35/18
    -------------
    7.0" +45 and higher
    7.5" +48 and higher

205/40/17
    -------------
    7.0" +42 and higher; Barely making it
    7.5" +48 or higher, the +45 still worries me with this width on a 205.

Mazda Protege Sedan
    ----------------------------
    Can run 2 to 3 mm less offset than the Wagon. Appears to have a little more room under the fender. As we've got no problems with wheelguuruu's 19's at all.

BEWARE OF THE PASSENGER SIDE. IT will be the first to rub. hehe. Not as much negative adjustment on that side, even with camber bolts. Based on left hand drive. hehe.

Hope this helps everyone. Please feel free to call us as we will be stocking the real good ones, quality, appearance, weight, perfect fitment. Plus you'll get your forum/club deal and the sanctity of mind that the fitment has my blessing.

Be weary of the "local tire shop" as many have not done real time fitments prior to your consultation. Not even the manufacturers who create the fitment guide for the dealers have test fitted everything. It's based on patterns with fitments in the industry. Unfortunately, our cars veer off that line just slightly but enough to be very annoying and ****ty when you just bought wheels that you were told fit only to have them rub.

We are a tuning shop and therefore specialize in certain performance oriented vehicles. Therefore do multiple fitments on the same vehicles with different wheels and so forth. We weigh them loaded and unloaded, tires and wheels. It's some good info to base your decisions on.
    Last edited by JC-MP5; 06-28-2007, 08:45 AM.
    2002 Protege5- "The Silver Bullet"
    Myspace.com/kartrebel81

Sticky: Posting and You
    http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Thanks for sharing. You're now stuck
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Thanks.
      2002 Protege5- "The Silver Bullet"
      Myspace.com/kartrebel81

Sticky: Posting and You
      http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Comment

thx

Comment

sweet info! we need a list like this for first genners
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

im lookin at wheels for my 01 lx 2.0 with a 37mm offset am i goin to be ok with these?

Comment

I just purhased wheels for my 2000 ES 15x8 with 0 offset ill have pictures up as soon as i put them on

Comment

Will 17x7.5 with a 5x114.3 bolt pattern and a 45 offset fit on a 2003 es sedan?

Comment

Originally posted by Jcalo View Post
                  Will 17x7.5 with a 5x114.3 bolt pattern and a 45 offset fit on a 2003 es sedan?
                  The pitch circle is correct: 5x114.3

I'm not sure about the offset because the ES sedan and the P5 had a 16 x 6", +50 mm offset wheel while the MP3/MSP had a 17 x 7", +55 mm offset wheel.

Happy Motoring!

For a complete list of wheel/tire specs, go to:

Happy Motoring!
                  02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                  MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                  MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                  Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                  MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                  Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                  Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                  Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                  Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                  Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                  Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                  Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                  Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

I have a set of 16x7.5" with +37mm offset. will this be ok for a BJ 1.8L Protege with 205 45 16s?

Comment

Welcome to CP.

Originally posted by lofty View Post
                      I have a set of 16x7.5" with +37mm offset. will this be ok for a BJ 1.8L Protege with 205 45 16s?
                      The short answer is, I don't know. The best way to determine this is to use a wheel offset calculator:

Keep in mind however, that reducing + offset appreciably from the OEM value (+45 mm) places a strain on the wheel bearings.

Happy Motoring!
                      Last edited by goldstar; 12-16-2012, 06:07 AM.
                      02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                      MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                      MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                      Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                      MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                      Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                      Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                      Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                      Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                      Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                      Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                      Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                      Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

I have a 2002 P5, and the wheels are looking pretty nasty with bubbling, corrosion etc. Is there a how-to vid or pics on best ways to clean them up?

Comment

Working...
                        X