This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infini?

Hey I"m sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I need to find out everything I can about Infini and all I find is rx-7 stuff. I can't find the familia infini, but that would be nice to also find some logos for my car and infini parts. If you guys know anything, please share with me!

Thanks,

-Andy
    protege is sold, selling the last bits that I have left. Buy them.

Infini is the JDM devision of Mazda, and only consist of the RX-7 and MX-5 if I'm correct.

The English brand would be Eunos. Mazda MX-5 is called Eunos Roadster In Great Britain.

So I doubt you will find more info, based on my knowledge, but hey : I can be wrong to...

Comment

well here's is most of the info:

BG mazda familia infini 1990 ( not sure of amount made has been quoted as maybe as low as 1500 up to as many as 3000 ? )
      right hand drive only
      japan new only, most now reside in New Zealand ( i have seen at least 4 locally ) we imported them secondhand ( as well as interplays & gtx's by the hundreds it would seem)
      shade green only (paint code GU) looks very dark green
      4-door sedan only
      unique grille
      rear spoiler
      carpet quoted as lightweight, has no sound deadener fixed from factory (weird place to save weight, better it would have had manual windows & mirrors etc), black sound deadener still fixed to shell like any other car.
      infini logo on horn button, front grille, wheel caps & bootlid
      unique factory front clear indicators
      facelift bonnet/headlight (slanty stlye)
      5-speed manual gearbox FWD viscous LSD only (26 spline unique driveshafts lengths at gearbox end)
      BP-ZE N/A engine only (most people in the know drop GTX or GTR turbo engines in as they are a perfect swap and best FWD chassis for swap due to the gearbox & brakes, loom, mounts etc)
      factory extras:
      momo steering wheel
      bbs 15" rims
      suede interior (purple/blackish) seats are same style as GTX in size
      leather gearboot & knob
      front & rear strut braces
      22mm sway bars front & rear
      rear tie bar
      180kmh speedo & 7100rpm redline tacho
      electric windows, rear view mirrors
      air con, quick rack power steering
      4 wheel disc brakes 250mm+ all 4 corners

they look like this new:

very often they are called by weird names by people who cant read for example:
      efini, infinity, infinty, efinti, etc etc there are no limits to what imaginative names people call them due to ignorance (word infini is written on front grille and back bootlid logo)

i have owned my much abused and unloved one since i bought it in june 2006, probably one of the smoothest, better handling, most reliable cars i have owned (once i fixed some neglected areas of repair), fairly brisk but really yearns for turbo BP rather than N/A BP engine.
      Last edited by Shin_Gouki; 08-14-2007, 05:37 PM. Reason: more info
      Ae111 toyota sprinter trueno BZR

Comment

Originally posted by jaws View Post
        Hey I"m sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I need to find out everything I can about Infini and all I find is rx-7 stuff. I can't find the familia infini, but that would be nice to also find some logos for my car and infini parts. If you guys know anything, please share with me!

Thanks,

-Andy
        if you're wanting to get some infini parts, get ready to dig deep.
        Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

It was Basically the baddest ass BP powered car ever
          Serenity's Dead.

Comment

W00T, that car looks hot, never knew they made 'em like that !

Comment

mmmm...droool

thats such a nice BG
              Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
              sigpic

Comment

should this be stickied in non-US model discussion for future reference?, would be good to have one on the GTX & GTR as well to save a bit of time (someone else can do those)
                Ae111 toyota sprinter trueno BZR

Comment

Originally posted by Shin_Gouki View Post
                  should this be stickied in non-US model discussion for future reference?, would be good to have one on the GTX & GTR as well to save a bit of time (someone else can do those)
                  Good idea. If others want to do a gtx and gtr writups I can werge all of the info together. I'll stick this for now.
                  1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                  1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                  2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Comment

they are a nice car, but its nothing that id blow my "load" over..............omg infini.....woops........brb need paper towl

gtx/gtr engine transplants in them are win win till 3rd gear strips

1996 ST205 Toyota Celica GT4 | 1991 BG 323 Astina GT, BP N/A 138WHP *Gone*.
                      1990 BG Ford Laser S (jdm), soon to be 220whp KL-ZE track hack

Comment

mine has a gold pinstripe along the gaurd just in front of end of indicator and along the whole car onto the rear near the brake lights is that standard?

look at a side on pic on my infini pics i posted a link above

Comment

Originally posted by LRCboi View Post
                          mine has a gold pinstripe along the gaurd just in front of end of indicator and along the whole car onto the rear near the brake lights is that standard?

look at a side on pic on my infini pics i posted a link above

My GT Astina had 2 "blue" pinstripes going down both sides
                          looks rather gay...so i started to take them off

1996 ST205 Toyota Celica GT4 | 1991 BG 323 Astina GT, BP N/A 138WHP *Gone*.
                          1990 BG Ford Laser S (jdm), soon to be 220whp KL-ZE track hack

Comment

If they only came in green, why is the one pictured in the magazine article black?

Comment

they allways look very dark allmost black but its a dark green

Comment

Working...
                              X