This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roll Call 4WD Proteges!!!

So there appears to be a crap ton of 4WD Proteges now, as within the last 2 months we've had ...what 5 more active ones join/found/bought. This is awesome!

I want to know who all has a 4WD Protege and where they're at. I'm In Bozeman, MT.
    No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

1990 Maroon 5spd still with the SOHC.

Im in Springfield MA.

Comment

1990, blue, 5 speed w/: Miata daisy rims, RX-7 (momo) wheel, LX gauge cluster, GT rear spoiler and brake light and 215K plus miles on a smokey engine.

-Jon R. Phoenix, AZ

Comment

Me me me 1990 4wd
        Vancouver, Wa
        Jason
        Yes Its 4wd woot woot
        sigpic

My Vb Gallery

Comment

awd protperv here... could be worse. Had 3 of em but sold the un-messed with one to Fazdaboy so it's back to just having 2 of em, here in Snohomish WA....
          '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
          '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
          http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Yeah mine blue.. 1990 sohc 4wd. in the Chi-town.. Miles 114.
            Another 4WD Protege,in works.sigpic

Comment

Paris Ontario Canada
              grey 90 5spd dohc 4wd
              red 90 auto sohc 4wd
              -Dave

Comment

They did make them for like 2-3 years didnt they? Seem to be mostly 1990s. =]

Comment

Originally posted by Pox View Post
                  1 and 1/2 years, they stopped building them halfway through the 91 model year

[EDIT] In America that is
                  Last edited by hit25cal; 09-10-2007, 10:23 PM.
                  Daily Driver--'07 Traitor Corolla--Traded for a '11 Chevy Cruze--Traded for a '12 Dodge Charger
                  Project Car - looking for a clean AWD Protege, or maybe a monster Miata donor

Comment

Originally posted by Pox View Post
                    In the states any way thet were only 90-91 they continued making a 4wd version of the Familia/Protege in japan and probably european/austrailian untill 03 or so
                    Yes Its 4wd woot woot
                    sigpic

My Vb Gallery

Comment

Well I'll be the odd ball out... 1991 Blue 4wd pro 5spd (rescued from Mass) in 2001, and treated to some cancer therapy here in sunny So Cal.. A rather in depth rebirth for this car.

Comment

1990 Niagra Silver with BPT and GT-X tranny in Marshall NC.
                        1990 Protege 4WD
                        GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                        ├┼┤
                        2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

1990 White, 5-speed, 250K, unmolested (for now) SOHC in Jefferson, WI.

anybody have an offical number of cars imported? I'm guessing between 800-1200 cars total.

Comment

Damn all of you guys lol jp. Anyone want to trade a 4wd for my lx?
                            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

you're such a bum chris Get your own! haha
                              No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Working...
                              X