This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by protégébob View Post
    if it's only a drag car you could always make a small sump/reservoir below the turbo and use an electric pump to scavenge the oil back to the pan. There's a turbo vette at my local track that runs something similar to that (except that he uses a single stage dry sump pump to scavenge back to the pan)
    I had a crazy idea about something like that also.
    1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wht95scort View Post
      Its nice but will make the turbo sit too low to have a proper oil return line.
      don't u make an adapter for the gtx mani's? I was just curious cause i want to mate up a gt30r to the gtx or gtr mani

Comment

External wastegate & CS downpipe repaired

well, i've taken the external system to a totally different welder this time around & found a good few things needing to be repaired, 2 cracked welds on the corksport downpipe were ground & retig'd & the wastegate tube was welded with mallable mild filler to decrease strain & promote some movement during expansion.

the flange was repaired & the tube was also reattached to the CS system.

all in all the system is once again 150% solid & not going to leak for a good long time.

Examine your CS downpipes for cracks if you've put them through extensive beatings theres a good chance it will crack around the welds.

a few pictures & a comparison shot next to a CS-DP/VF10 hybrid
        Attached Files
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

wow my vj20 is small

Comment

Looks wonderful dude !

Nice job, and well done

Posted this on the Dutch 323BG club, since we have received three corksport downpipes three weeks ago, so I can show them a pic now if they want an external wastegate.

Comment

tell them i have a mandrel U bend & another flange for making the pipe going up from the CS Downpipe.
              BTW, i just ran out & tested this.... it does fit with unaltered stock radiator brackets.... if you slot the holes you can increase your saftey-zone even more.
              2 thumbs up
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

looks better than when I saw it in the parking lot a month or two ago! I'm almost itching to turbo my 323, but I have to keep reminding myself that this is supposed to be an ECONOMY car, not a FAST car....

--sarge

Comment

meh, they put an ECONOMY motor in a car that should be fast

Comment

I think that you got a bad downpipe or something cause Ive never had any issues with it fitting correctly or welds breaking.
                    1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

originally it was a crapshoot downpipe. i even contacted corksport about it. after heat cycles & all of the changes made to it tho. its honstly better then a new one id say

Comment

Sorry to revive a 4 year old thread...but is that DP a 3" with 2" Waste pipe?

Comment

1.5" waste pipe 2.5" DP (corksport made these for awhile. mine was just modified)

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                            1.5" waste pipe 2.5" DP (corksport made these for awhile. mine was just modified)
                            Thanks for the reply...that 2.5" looks like 3" ...well you cant tell the difference in a picture...
                            Thanks again for the info...

Comment

Working...
                            X