IAC (idle air control) valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IAC (idle air control) valve

How do you fix the IAC (idle air control) valve for a 1996 Mazda Protege. The keeps stalling

Will not fast idle in the cool morning

My 96 Pro will not will not fast idle in the cool (40 degree) Colorado morning air. I'm wondering if I have the same problem as you??
    After she warms up to regular operating temp, it idles ok.
    1996 DX with Spectre 3" Cold Air Intake, 15" Black Wheels w/machined Lip on Low Profile tires, Floating Hood w/chrome pins, Nose Bra, Ceramic Brakes, Seat heater kit

Comment

I hope this will help.
      Attached Files
      Garage: Mazda Protege 1995, Z5 engine, MTX, P/S, no A/C, no ABS.

PM me if you need: comprehensive Autodata information; Mazda's 2nd generation workshop manual; Mazda's Z5 overhaul workshop manual.

Comment

Thanks! You info is most helpful in understanding how this system works. This Forum is the best out there. Bar none!
        1996 DX with Spectre 3" Cold Air Intake, 15" Black Wheels w/machined Lip on Low Profile tires, Floating Hood w/chrome pins, Nose Bra, Ceramic Brakes, Seat heater kit

Comment

Originally posted by gybe View Post
          I hope this will help.
          hi, i was wondering if i could get a copy of that manual?

Comment

Sure. Just browse my threads (I'm a relatively fresh member) and you will find a link to megaupload.

PM me if you need: comprehensive Autodata information; Mazda's 2nd generation workshop manual; Mazda's Z5 overhaul workshop manual.

Comment

Always check the air intake hose for cracks and especially on the underside in between the little accordian looking section. You must remove it without twisting it as many of those are old and brittle now. That's how they sometimes break like when you change your air filter or do something else that requires moving that hose around. If ok then move on to the next step.

Comment

I have had ripped, cracked, torn... you name it - air intake hose, but the car still drove smoothly. After replacing it and throwing 120 EUR out of the window for it I have come across these hoses on Ebay for lousy 20 USD.

Comment

Working...
                X