vicv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vicv

Hey has anyone heard of the term vicv when refering to our cars what does it mean

its vics

Variable Intake Control System

later models called it the Variable Tumble Control System

I am not qualified to give you information on what it does though
    Daily Driver--'07 Traitor Corolla--Traded for a '11 Chevy Cruze--Traded for a '12 Dodge Charger
    Project Car - looking for a clean AWD Protege, or maybe a monster Miata donor

Comment

changes the length of the intake runner to produce more torque down low, and open up around 3500-4000rpm to breath better (more hp).
      No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Vics opens up at 5000 rpm accually.
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

right, for VICS. for VTCS its lower, I was guessing 3500-4000, I honestly can't remember. I'm assuming since this is posted in the 3rd gen he means VTCS, but I can't be sure. (haha, I sound so smart when I'm not )
          No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

VICS and VTCS are different.
            The 2.0 3rd gens had both. Your acronyms are right. But the purpose is wrong.

VTCS just helps the cat heat up change over at 3k. VICS is for power, change over around 4500.

Comment

Hope it helps.
              Garage: Mazda Protege 1995, Z5 engine, MTX, P/S, no A/C, no ABS.

PM me if you need: comprehensive Autodata information; Mazda's 2nd generation workshop manual; Mazda's Z5 overhaul workshop manual.

Comment

Thanks guys i was just trying to help my cousin some one did a scan and said they got that code we never heard of it and found it strange guess it dosent exist

Comment

Working...
                X