Low ride plus comfort. Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low ride plus comfort. Is it possible?

I have a question - is it possible to lower my car, but keep the comfort level of stock springs/shocks?

Only if the spring rates are about like stock. Probably the closest bet is the Eibach Pro-Kit
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

I have the Eibach pro kit (on a 3rd gen, but it shouldn't make much difference) and it's still a very comfortable ride. It lowered the car a little less than two inches and the springs are noticeable stiffer, but unless you're driving fast on a washboard it's still a nice ride. I've taken a few long road trips with them and it's no worse than stock.

Comment

got pics jnorion?

Comment

I don't mean to be rude, but I don't see the point of this Question.
          There are so many posts in this 1 section in the 2nd gen area that says .... " Coilovers make the car ride like **** ... handles better but the ride is like ****" ... I am others have said it a million times.

Not to mention there are times when I have said the ride was decent with a 1.8 inch drop and a 2.0 inch drop ...

You have to search around and read the forums. A lot of people have discused this already...
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

ok, sorry then

Comment

My ride with coil-overs actually improved with stiffer spring rates, because I wasn't always on the bumpstops. But if you go too low, the only way to maintain ride quality is to go with shorter struts too. If you only have 2.5-3.0 inches of compression travel (bump) and you take away 2", most bumps bigger than a Bott's dot (do they have them outside of CA?) will have you on the bump stops, which are MUCH stiffer than your springs.
              David Avard
              '90 Protege LX (STS-prepped)
              '89 Civic Si (STS-prepped)
              '02 Altima SE (14.164 @ 97.7mph stock)

Comment

I don't want to lower my car that much. Just a moderate drop so it won't look like it's on stilts when I get new wheels (16", 17"). I hear the Eibach kit doesn't lower that much and doesn't sag like others, and a few people have recommended it already. Is that true?

Comment

eibach pro will lower the car with 17's to about stock height.. if i remember my math right when I did it, it came out to be less than half an inch lower than stock.... which is why I got them but eibach doesnt sell them anymore (i dont think) so you'll prolly have to go with used or find some place that still has some...

Comment

This is still with stock rims/tires, so the height changed more than it would with 17's.

Before:

After:

Comment

I see, Thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                        This is still with stock rims/tires, so the height changed more than it would with 17's.

Before:

After:
                        you realize this has nothing to do with a 2nd gen .....

The eibach springs that were made for the 2nd gen would not drop a 2nd gen nearly that low.

The only springs that come close are the BG extreme's which I have.

If I was intruder, from what he says, I would just get the Intrax springs and call it a day. Either that or just don't drop the car.
                        It does not make any sense to drop a 2nd gen 1 inch...

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

sorry, didn't know it was that much different

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                            sorry, didn't know it was that much different
                            yeah bro!
                            I had a pic of a 2nd gen with eibach on it. I have to see if I can find it. If I showed it to you . You would think the car was not dropped at all. I promise you .. lol ...

The 3rd and even the 1st gens drop a bit more than the 2nd gens. But the 1st gens aren't much better.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

So, Bruce, how's the comfort with your BG springs?

Comment

Working...
                              X