Adjusting throttle cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjusting throttle cable?

Is it possible to adjust the throttle cable on the BP's? mine seems a bit loose. I'd like to tighten it up a little and see how the motor reacts.

Possible? And if so, how?

throttle cable

well on my B8 there are 2 nuts on the cable where it bolts up to teh intake manifold, you loosen one and tighten the other and that adjusts ur throttle cable. Just checked a pic of a BP and it has the same mechanism, so that'd be how u do it.

Nick

Originally posted by TurboSupra12 View Post
    Is it possible to adjust the throttle cable on the BP's? mine seems a bit loose. I'd like to tighten it up a little and see how the motor reacts.

Possible? And if so, how?
    Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
    sigpic

Comment

yea, i've done it. seriously just look at where it connects to the tb, and you will figure it out. it made a big difference when i did it to mine.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by me19875 View Post
        yea, i've done it. seriously just look at where it connects to the tb, and you will figure it out. it made a big difference when i did it to mine.
        What I was hoping for. Thanks. Although a guy on FEOA did it and engine started acting up until he loosened it up again.

Comment

yea, if you do it too tight it will idle high. i never actually made it tight, but just took out some of the slack.
          sigpic

Comment

Does it make a big difference? mine has some slack.

Comment

Best way i found to adjust it is to run the motor while doing it. Tighten till its just about tight. Then blip the throttle where it connects to the TB and see if the idle sticks too high or goes to normal. If it sticks. Loosen slightly and try again, etc. Eventually you'll find a good spot!
              Last edited by Tazman2; 11-05-2007, 10:02 AM.
              **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
              95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Originally posted by Tazman2 View Post
                Best way i found to adjust it is to run the motor while doing it. Tighten till its just about tight. Then blip the throttle where it connects to the TB and see if the idle sticks too high or goes to normal. If it sticks. Loosen slightly and try again, etc. Eventually you'll find a good spot!
                Does it improve throttle response?

Comment

I didn't really notice, but I assume it would seeing as it removes the slack
                  Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
                  sigpic

Comment

My 93 felt funny when hitting the pedal because of the play. Made it kind of difficult to drive so it was a nice free fix!
                    **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
                    95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Originally posted by bcowie View Post
                      Does it improve throttle response?
                      if you have too much slack kinda, it more just changes what it feels like every time you let out the clutch and put your foot back on the gas when you shift. if you don't notice any difference, it means you have no excess slack. it helped a lot on my egt with 170k miles on it, but didn't make a difference on my friends pro lx with 100k on it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X