parking brake cables
    MBC
    oil pan gasket
    serpentine belt
    v-belt
    winter wheels and tires
    12 BKR7Es
    semi-gutted

Can anyone guess the BOV? I only know of about 4 people in the states running one.
    Attached Files
    Fast, cheap, reliable: pick two.

1992 Mercury Capri XR2 130xxx miles SOLD

1990 Honda Civic SI
    186k 10:1 hybrid motor
    d16 on 10 pounds will turn ya out.

sigpic

Woot, XR2! It's no Miata but those are fun cars.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

there is one in a j/y near my house for $300 turbo xr2 and it runs i might just get it
      sigpic gtx swap,pacesetter cat back exhaust,civic short shifter,both front and rear upper strut tower bars,high flow cat,,mx-3 lower tie bar,mx-3 front seats,zxtuner poly motor mount inserts,manual seat belt conversion,mx-3 lether shift boot,

come to mazdasnw.com if you live in the northwest

Comment

Originally posted by schrcrzycrl View Post
        there is one in a j/y near my house for $300 turbo xr2 and it runs i might just get it
        Grab the ECU for me as well as the turbo off that thing!

I would buy one for $300 if it had a running engine.

MrH.

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bgdriver View Post
          Can anyone guess the BOV? I only know of about 4 people in the states running one.
          Looks like an old school HKS bov, before they came out with the ssqv model. Thats my guess.

Nice XR2 by the way!

-Chris
          1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-turbo
          1983 Mazda RX-7 Limited Edition
          1990 Mazda Protege 4WD
          1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD

Comment

never seen on of those up here, kind of reminds me of the old mr2s
            91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
              Woot, XR2! It's no Miata but those are fun cars.
              Thanks, interestingly enough I was looking for a Miata but all of the local miatas were either beat to snot or $5000. A Miata would have been a much better car for me, being a new driver, the infamous XR2 lift throttle oversteer owns me.

Originally posted by schrcrzycrl View Post
              Do it. Even if it's just a project car, they're cheap and fast with only a few performance parts, even if they're unreliable. I've been giving V8 muscle cars, modified MK3 Supras, turbo eclipses, vr6 gtis and porsche boxsters something to think about. If that doesn't thrill you, you can part it out and make way more than $300 just by selling the turbo, wheels and ECU.

Originally posted by hotsiit View Post
              Looks like an old school HKS bov, before they came out with the ssqv model. Thats my guess.

Nice XR2 by the way!

-Chris
              Thanks, it's a HKS SQV circa late 80s. I'd never even heard of it until I bought it, I just wanted something with the functionality of the SSQV and found this; it sounds awesome.

Originally posted by progt91 View Post
              never seen on of those up here, kind of reminds me of the old mr2s
              They're rare, 21,000 sold in the US with only 11% being XR2s. When I lift mid-corner it reminds me of a MR2 too, snap-oversteer FTW!
              Fast, cheap, reliable: pick two.

1992 Mercury Capri XR2 130xxx miles SOLD

1990 Honda Civic SI
              186k 10:1 hybrid motor
              d16 on 10 pounds will turn ya out.

sigpic

Comment

My friend is running that exact BOV. The problem with it is that it's plastic and the body tends to crack so be careful. Nice car BTW

Comment

theres a local red one around me that terrorizes the streets with me from time to time.... they arne't bad cars... it looks clean..
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                  X