No announcement yet.

My FE3 progress thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You used the BG stock cross frame? (where the front and rear tranny mounts to)

Comment

looking good man, looking good.
      91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Very nice Ryan! Congrats!

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
        On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
        My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

lookin gd its a total sleeper sitting in the back of the shop behind tarps
          now ryan let me finish up the ruckus project then let the fun begom with the front mount bracket then next the traction bar...

Comment

Hmm that car with no motor in it is oddly familiar, lol. Nice work Ryan, can't wait too see it
            Last edited by Crazypunkerguy; 09-21-2009, 12:48 PM.
            1991 Mazda 323 Base (Gretchen)-Build Thread
            Sold-1987 Mazda 323 Wagon (Molly)-Build Thread
            R.I.P.-1988 Mazda 323 GT (Misty) -Build Thread

Oh Colorado, how beautiful your mountains and awesome your roads!

Comment

Hmm that car with no motor in it oddly familiar, lol. Nice work Ryan, can't wait too see it
              IDK what ur talking about nick can't find the pics to post up

EDIT: im looking forward to those traction bars & the mount bracket skunk
              Lets get some new creations going
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

good stuff.....I hadnt been paying close attention to this until I saw the link on mx6.com

Comment

more and more updates please this is awesome.

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

Great progress Ryan. You may have me convinced on this thread.
                    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Progress! Catch you on MSN sometime soon! Do you not stay up to all hours of the night these days???

Comment

how much room do you have between the intake and the firewall? also how much longer is the FE3 than a BP?

I've got some devious plans working up in my head...
                        2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                        1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                          Great progress Ryan. You may have me convinced on this thread.

Comment

EDIT- ADDED more pics to the modifications postbit made yesterday
                            & here's a pic of the firewall clearance from my cell phone .... not the greatest pic, but it works.
                            Its kind of misleading. theres more clearance there then youd think.
                            Attached Files
                            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Fidanza cam gears anyone?

Attached Files

Comment

dont forget that the FE3 was available in a BF 323 in south africa, so it should fit and have firewall clearance....

Comment

Working...
                                X