Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good job, i swapped everything i could from my mx3 over to my 90dx, striped it back down to repaint the 323 and fix some rust and such. mine was leaking water in threw the rear vent which you can just see threw the hole, i will reseal them when i put the car back together.

Comment

I'll look it up...I hate how foggy it gets inside with all that moisture...and the aroma - well that's not the best combo when the car's had a smoker as the previous owner

Here she is today, with the new shoes:

'90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
      '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
      10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
      490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

Originally posted by Dan [Sac] View Post
        That's sexy
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

#1 you should of listened to my advice. now you have a dinky front swaybar with **** endlinks & a smaller wheelbase up front then what you could have.
          you'll have to custom make a front tie bar for the mx3 subframe now VS ones that were out there.

#2 the protege gas door is not the same. you can use the cable however.
          I have 1 blue keyless 323 gas tank door. you can have for $15 shipped.
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I'm not sure I follow the front subframe tiebar note - the MX3 V6 subframe has 2 crossmembers - the first just like the B6 did, and a second tie bar like the MX6/Probe that ties the subframe underneath, something the B6 did not have.

As for the swaybar, the 323 subframe had NO sway bar on it prior - I have the most basic, stripped down version of the 323. I don't necessarily want a massive front bar anyway as that's likely to keep the nose-heavy car understeering anyway. If it's too tail happy right now when I start driving it I'll consider upping the front bar as needed.

Comment

nice swap heres mine (old pic) i hope this pic gets u pumped.stock ran 13.4 @101mph "all motor"

this is her recent pic
              Last edited by 323v6pr; 12-30-2007, 03:02 AM.
              94 323 hatch klze 13.0@101mph Slicks
              91 protege klze 12.9@103mph slicks

Comment

^^^Nice, those are the numbers I'm aiming for as well. Did you make those passes on street tires or slicks?

Today i picked up the cable releases for the gas door & trunk, an MX3 center console, mx3 steering wheel, a better glovebox.

Also got manual seatbelts installed, I'll make another thread about that later.

Comment

sliks 22x8 15 but i was getting crappy 60 feet,on that pass it did 2.0 on the 60 feet.

Comment

Yeah, you should pull at least a 1.7 with your power/weight ratio - it sounded like your clutch may have been slipping.

I made a thread about installing manual seatbelts from a 2nd gen Probe/MX6 *here* for those who want a quick, inexpensive fix. My power seatbelts were completely dead so I had nothing to lose.

Comment

dan how is the project going? new pics?

Comment

I spent the day at the junkyards gathering my loot. I did put the manual seatbelts in also and pulled off the awful original headliner. I hope I finish the interior tomorrow as well as swap over the mx3 shift linkage and at least mock up the 2.5" exhaust. After that we have 5 days of rain so that will give me a chance to finish up reassembling the ZE.

I would have done this indoors but the shop is taken up by the fast Probe and my other Probe project (RWD conversion, in progress):

Comment

them rims look good on the 323 and color, that rwd probe project is sick

Comment

u should use ur fabing powers to get us some more BG parts!

we need em!

Comment

BG parts wooohooo. What would we need though? haha.

If you think about it jo, we have lots available now! its nice.

JACK.
                              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Got the headliner swapped, and the cables for the gas door and trunk release put in.

The gas door cable goes right in with no modifications. The car even has the little cable routing clips in place so all you have to do is clip them in to route them.

The trunk release has a little customization necessary since the cable is out of a Protege and the latches are different. As you can see in the pic, the 'anchor' point of the cable end is in a different spot. It's the end of the plastic protective covering that has the slot in a different spot. I'll find a way to anchor it somehow in the next day or two when it dries up. Without the plastic end anchored, the cable will not do its job.

Old headliner, new.

On the ZE, I got the HLAs cleaned up and water pump replaced. Timing components and cams go back on tomorrow.

Because the 323 has manual steering, I will tear down a spare power steering pump and just leave the main shaft and bearing in place so I can install its pulley in place and just use it as an idler pulley so I can turn the water pump (since the tensioning mechanism is on the power steering pump bracket). I'll post pics when that's done. I run the same setup in my drag car, where I'm using a manual rack out of a Dodge Omni.

Storm chaos FTL...

Comment

Working...
                                X