Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ever taken your 4wd through 1ft of snow in the mountains Ryan? PS makes me feel very safe I wouldn't dare rally without it!
    No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

I like PS generally, but I want this car to scoot well (extra weight, parasitic loss), and I had no problems with the manual steering before. Of course it's a bit heavier now and it turns 205s instead of the 175s, but it shouldn't be too bad.

Even the drag car turning 9in slicks at 6psi air pressure isn't too bad as long as I'm moving, but I would never try to parallel park that
      '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
      '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
      10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
      490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

Aye, my motor mount poly fills are finally cured, so I'll be dropping the motor in tomorrow finally...been a little too busy on other fronts this weekend.

Comment

cant wait to see tha pics,anyways heres a new vid of my hatch running 13.4(first pass then the slicks blew up)2.0 60 feet(again jejej)
          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
          94 323 hatch klze 13.0@101mph Slicks
          91 protege klze 12.9@103mph slicks

Comment

i need some slicks. i can't break 14's on street tires. & im pushing on 104 trap speed
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by 323v6pr View Post
              cant wait to see tha pics,anyways heres a new vid of my hatch running 13.4(first pass then the slicks blew up)2.0 60 feet(again jejej)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=OTcj8TBBe90
              Whoa, how do you blow up slicks?

Tonight I finished the rear disc conversion by installing the parking brake cables from a Pro LX to finish that end. Got the Magnaflow test fitted as well, looks like it will tuck in nicely out of view.

Of course if it was going too well something wasn't right, so I had my moments - right now I'm making a 3" spacer for the throttle body since i don't have the Millenia TB to go with the Millenia IM. I'm using a KLDE TB with a ZE IAC, drilled idle holes in the TB, and with the spacer it will finally clear the thermostat housing.

Details, details...

Comment

Engine dropped - I still have to tweak the engine alignment a bit and then a whole lotta vacuum line work.

Comment

man that looks sexy
                  91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

love the detail work
                    91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Looks really clean. Is that a mx3 v6 intake manni?
                      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

sexxxy! It's a 2.5 intake Chris K8s collectors are flat, that ones round like the Millenia.

JACK.
                        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

damn its looking goooddd!!
                          94 323 hatch klze 13.0@101mph Slicks
                          91 protege klze 12.9@103mph slicks

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                            sexxxy! It's a 2.5 intake Chris K8s collectors are flat, that ones round like the Millenia.

JACK.
                            I was looking at it on a 2.5in cell phone screen lol.
                            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Now that it's down to the nitty gritty, the car starts to fight back a bit

I had to replace the pass. side chassis bracket that holds the motor mount in place because I forgot to do so before dropping the motor in, which is why it was a bit off center. A quick trip to the yards and I came back with a blue one that I painted red to match and the engine is now straight on.

The other problem was putting the transmission mounts on and into the crossmember. All 4 mounts are filled with tough 94-shore polyurethane so the engine is rock solid in its cradle now, but that made for a fun time aligning the bottom ones to fit. Because the engine sags a bit in its stock mounts, the new position with the filled mounts meant that the shift linkage wasn't lining up properly so I spent another hour and a half massaging those pieces in.

Also did the heater core lines and fuel lines, bolted the starter up and screwed in the tach cable. I'll do a bit more electrical work and bolt up the y-pipe. Tomorrow I'll be up early before the football games to finish the vacuum setup and finish welding the exhaust.

Sadly, the Probe/MX6/MX3 radiator will not fit without some cutting up front so I think I'll just use the Pro LX unit in front of the upper rad. support and use a fan on it. It IS possible to make the V6 rad. fit, but right now I just want the car to run, and since I don't have slimline fans handy I'll use the Pro fan. I don't like running without a fan, this being California and all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan [Sac] View Post
                                Now that it's down to the nitty gritty, the car starts to fight back a bit

I had to replace the pass. side chassis bracket that holds the motor mount in place because I forgot to do so before dropping the motor in, which is why it was a bit off center. A quick trip to the yards and I came back with a blue one that I painted red to match and the engine is now straight on.

The other problem was putting the transmission mounts on and into the crossmember. All 4 mounts are filled with tough 94-shore polyurethane so the engine is rock solid in its cradle now, but that made for a fun time aligning the bottom ones to fit. Because the engine sags a bit in its stock mounts, the new position with the filled mounts meant that the shift linkage wasn't lining up properly so I spent another hour and a half massaging those pieces in.

Also did the heater core lines and fuel lines, bolted the starter up and screwed in the tach cable. I'll do a bit more electrical work and bolt up the y-pipe. Tomorrow I'll be up early before the football games to finish the vacuum setup and finish welding the exhaust.

Sadly, the Probe/MX6/MX3 radiator will not fit without some cutting up front so I think I'll just use the Pro LX unit in front of the upper rad. support and use a fan on it. It IS possible to make the V6 rad. fit, but right now I just want the car to run, and since I don't have slimline fans handy I'll use the Pro fan. I don't like running without a fan, this being California and all.
                                the neon radiator should fit with no problems, to the point that u can use 2 radiator fans without space problems. 95 to98 neon and 10 inch electric fans.
                                1st sohc auto
                                2nd sohc turbo auto
                                3rd sohc turbo 5 speed
                                4th dohc swap turbo
                                5th KLDE
                                6th 1994 323

Comment

Working...
                                X