Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabin Air Filter (Smoker's Car!)

Hi guys,

(I'm new to this forum and to cars in general, so please feel free to move / delete this post if this isn't the right place to ask!)

I just bought a used '03 Protege LX from a guy who used to smoke. I'm planning on going to an auto-detailer and getting the interior steam cleaned (costs 100-150$), but I read that changing the cabin air filter also helps a lot.

Apparently you can do this yourself for about 30$, I even found an air filter on amazon. I saw a different thread on another forum that discusses installation of some special filter, but nothing for a normal filter.

Other cars seem to have a "open glove compartment, take out filter, out in new filter" routine. Can someone help me out with how to do this for the protege? This is what behind my glove compartment looks like (taken from the other post)

Thanks in advance for any help!

I dont think the proteges have cabin air filters. There is some vanilla scented air freshner you can buy and you spray it into the defrost openings on the front cowl that is a deodorizer (mainly designed to eliminate mildew smells from heater/ac cases) Local auto part stores should have it.

Comment

Proteges do not have cabin filters, the filter you are seeing is to prevent dust or any debris that may get in there not to pass into the passenger compartment. I mean if you want you can spray something on the filter so it will pass the aroma through the cabin.

Comment

Proteges do not have cabin air filters. You need to buy one from an EDM model.

That little black thing is not remotely the cabin airfilter. The cabin filter (if you had one) is located behind the center console.

Comment

Working...
        X