Motor Mounts....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motor Mounts....

has anyone here filled their mounts with urethane? Or used aftermarket ones?? Did you notice any gains.....how did you do it? THanks
    Eat ****.

uhh...gains? You can't see gains with motor mounts. The reason you fill them is to reduce wheelhop which can help your launches.
    93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
    02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
    05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

u can get some torque loss with too mcuh motor movement so u can acctaully save power but not really gain it
      i is dumb

Comment

That is what i meant by gains..not like hp gains or anything. Lots of people ive talked to said that motor mounts are one of the best bang for the buck mods you can do, because they get alot of lost power to the wheels.....??
        Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
          u can get some torque loss with too mcuh motor movement so u can acctaully save power but not really gain it

yes, but you will need to have motormounts made of spegetti, and your torque loss willl be due to your engine being on the ground not in your car.

harder engine mounts will make your vcar vibrate more. the whole reason for softer mounts is to buffer the ampitude of the natural frequency at which the engine ossilates.

why do you think engine mounts are made of rubber and not solid steel?
          When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
          Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
          Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
          So his engine he goosed
          With much too much boost,
          And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

at least he had a decent comment this time
            I found out how to beat a Honda! Just about anyway you can think of. Even in reverse. <- my buddy Mike: Haha, your Civic is a pile of vtech crap! Zoom-Zoom!

Comment

Working...
            X