Check Engine Light!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check Engine Light!

I dont kknow what happened but all of a sudden my check engine light started flashing and then its like my car is choking or hesitating. I m thinking its the fuel pump but that wouldnt make the check engine light come on, would it? It flashes like 3 times then stops then again, anybody have this problem? Is there a way to read codes?
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...e-eda6ab70c99a

Looking for local enthusiast's to help me out, with some Mazda mods, im new to the mazda scene and im not used to it, Im an ex-honda guy! lol My car needs some tunning and checkup.

the 3 flashes is the code
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Also I felt bad for just leaving you hanging sorta
      its code #3
      on DOHC no G signal, Cancels 2 group injection

Last edited by wheresthericego; 02-05-2008, 07:51 PM.
      I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
      |.....Overnight....................| ||
      |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
      |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
      "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
      Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

locate the diagnostic box in your engine bay. It will be in between the battery and the firewall. Open it and jump the 10 and ground(all this is performed while the key is off). Now get in and turn the key all the way on without starting it. This will shoot some flashes. Inbetween each set of flashes is a pause. count the flashes then come back and let us know what code you have and I'm sure someone can answer what the code is.
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
          Also I felt bad for just leaving you hanging sorta
          its code #3
          on DOHC no G signal, Cancels 2 group injection

Sorry but what does that mean? my injectors are bad? Wel it flashes 3 times one after the other then pauses, then again 3 times.

Looking for local enthusiast's to help me out, with some Mazda mods, im new to the mazda scene and im not used to it, Im an ex-honda guy! lol My car needs some tunning and checkup.

Comment

I looked at it good today and i think its code 12 - Throttle sensor.

Comment

THat would be your Throttle Position Sensor. I have priced one around here at O'Reilly Auto Parts and they can't even get me one. But at AUtozone, they can order it for me for $60.

Comment

Thats the one on the throttle body right?

Comment

Yeah that is on the throttle body. I have tried to adjust mine so that my valve plate isn't open, but I can't get it adjusted correctly and figured that I would buy anew one just to be on the safe side. It's probably about time to change it out anyway.

Comment

Well i swapped it out yesterday but my idle is off just s little bit and the light is still on. I was thinking it could be code 10, what exactly is that though? Someone else told me to swap put the mass air flow sensor.

Comment

how do i jump the 10??? someone please show me.. pm'me thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                      X