Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice: Windshield Wipers are cheaply designed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice: Windshield Wipers are cheaply designed.

HEllo,
    The other day there was some snow on my windshield. Not that much, but i guess it was heavy. So i tried my wipers first. Bad idea, i ended up breaking a ruining the linkage for the wipers. The wiper linkage is so cheap, it's like a bunch of small plastic teeth and when cold the plastic becomes brittle and when u force them. But since i turned on my wipers when i first got in, that messed it up. Never again. My older car could handle stufff like that, but this car no. So, hopefully u will all be careful with all this lousy snow. And not have to learn a 120 lesson. See ya.

yeah i try to never turn them on when their is snow or ice on the window, because they are cheap as hell, i usually put my wiper arms up when i know its gonna snow, so i dont have to dig them out, or peel them from the window when they are frozen.
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

there is supposed to be a circut breaker in the wireing. This is so that when to much voltage is seen when you turn on the wiper it trips out and then will reset after a giving time.

I know it has happened to me before.
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Yeah, i think i will try to get in the habit of putting them up too. SO that i don't have to deal with this again. I should have taken a picture of the part, but it's too late now. It's just a stupid designed thing. Thnx for the suggestion though.

Comment

yeah, I feel what you are saying too.....I always clean off the snow around my spray nozzles, and the wiper blades themselves. Too much weight for such a small plastic part.

When I feel I must turn them on, I turn them on mist......that way if they don't have the strength to get over the initial snow, they will just stop in the starting position aleving the force on the blades.

PS - I HATE WINTER!
          1996 Mazda Protege 1.5L

Mods:
          underdash neon kit (sort of)
          DVD/MP3/CD Player
          Customized dash for screen
          HyperWhite Lights

Comment

yeah no problem man, also try and remember to turn off your wipers the night before, like if it was snowing hard enough the night before, and you had your wipers on, then woke up the next morning, and went to start your car not remembering you had them on, and your window is full of snow, you could **** **** up doing that also.
            .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
            225.94wtq
            torque monster!!!!
            dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
            http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
            http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Cheap is right. I just posted a new thread asking for help in changing the whole wiper blade system on a 97 Protege because one of the wiper arms broke away due to severe corrosion. Hope someone can help with instructions on how to do that. The whole thing needs to be changed as it is not repairable it is so cheap. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Renoir911 View Post
                Cheap is right. I just posted a new thread asking for help in changing the whole wiper blade system on a 97 Protege because one of the wiper arms broke away due to severe corrosion. Hope someone can help with instructions on how to do that. The whole thing needs to be changed as it is not repairable it is so cheap. Thank you.
                Wow noob. You just won the "I bumped the oldest thread on the board" award. 6 yrs old wow
                1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

^^^lololol

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                    ^^^lololol
                    Ditto.

Originally posted by Turpro
                    Wow noob. You just won the "I bumped the oldest thread on the board" award. 6 yrs old wow
                    +1 million. Hands down.
                    This is my BP. There are many like it but this one is mine. My BP is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my BP is useless. Without my BP I am useless. I must drive my BP true. I must drive straighter than my enemy, who is trying to beat me. I must beat him before he beats me.

Comment

Working...
                    X