pressure regulator valve-importance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pressure regulator valve-importance?

When I purchased my BG it was disconnected because it was damaged. It ran perfectly fine. I replaced it at some point. And didn't notice a change

From what I gather from the fsm. Its only real purpose is to increase fuel pressure during hot restarts or some garbage.

I currently have it disconnected as there's no place to bolt the little bracket to on the gtx mani.

Is that really all its for though?
    The b6 doesn't have one.

Also fun fact the B6 pcv line works perfect at replacing the bp one when using a gtx mani
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

I alway hate answering my own questions.But after digging in the fsm for 20 mins
    the only thing the Pressure regulator control valve does is
    "cuts vacuum just after strating when engine hot starting"

page f-18 volume 1 of the BG fsm.

So its pretty useless.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

If you disconnect it from the wiring harness would it trip the check engine light?
      90 LX PS/AC delete, pacesetter header, gutted cat, resonator delete, full 2 inch exhaust. rx7 VAF, home made intake, F&R ebay STB. 18* timing.
      200lbs in weight reduction. old school bmw 318 wheels

http://www.cardomain.com/id/gascanexplode

Comment

not if you have the bp-26 ecu xD
        I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
        |.....Overnight....................| ||
        |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
        |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
        "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
        Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

damn.... oh well..... i am trying to find an adjustable FPR but all the stupid ebay universal ones don't have the correct flange to work on our fuel rails.... know where i could get one by chance?

~steve
          90 LX PS/AC delete, pacesetter header, gutted cat, resonator delete, full 2 inch exhaust. rx7 VAF, home made intake, F&R ebay STB. 18* timing.

Comment

Originally posted by gascanexplode View Post
            If you disconnect it from the wiring harness would it trip the check engine light?
            no it doesn't.
            It also doesn't throw one when you remove the vics solenoid.
            obd1 ftw.
            Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
              no it doesn't.
              It also doesn't throw one when you remove the vics solenoid.
              obd1 ftw.
              cool... Should i remove the VICS? or does it just raise the power band to higher RPMS? id like to have some sort of excuse to get out of the house and do something this weekend.. lol

Comment

it wouldnt be benifical to you.
                Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

on na its best to leave vics alone. I've read that its better to take it off of boosted applications but i dont know why
                  I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                  |.....Overnight....................| ||
                  |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                  |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                  "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                  Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Working...
                  X