Clear All

What did you do to your BF today???

Lets get the ball rolling people!
    Drew
    '95 EGT 1.8
    T
    '93 ELX 1.9 SC
    '91 ELX 1.9

I drove it... Probably shot some fireballs out the back... Oil change tomorrow. Suspension bushings soon.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
    1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
    1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
    1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
    1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

I don't feel like driving mine for a week or so after getting 2 tickets in it last week. lol One of the Silverstars burned out Wednesday night, and the car needs an oil change bad(I haven't done one to it yet since I bought it from my dad over a year ago...I've put a little over 3K miles on it and my dad didn't put a sticker in it from the last oil change nor does he remember when that was). I bought oil for it Friday and will be doing that some time this week. I also have to get the Tracer rear seat bottom in the car and probably install the seat belts in the back again. And I really really need to wash the car at work, it's well salted from the snow storm last week.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
      On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
      My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Yeah i stopped using the silverstars for that reason... they burn out way too quick.

1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead

Comment

Originally posted by 808 View Post
          Yeah i stopped using the silverstars for that reason... they burn out way too quick.
          I got mine from my brother who used them in his MX-6 for a while. I like em, they're great with the brand new Mazda headlights I got from that guy on Mazda323Performance.com for $48 or something.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

I drove and injoyed my BF. I love boosting by ppl who dont have a clue about the car. Also due for an oil change, but by only 4 months into it, and i use Full Synthetic, so its got a 5 month lifespan. In a week from this tuesday, ile hopefully be getting my Front brakes replace/upgraded, as well as replacing my front swaybar bushings. Then its on to the rear brakes, and then all my motor/trans mounts.
            Mazda
            1988 Black 323 GT
            DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Originally posted by 808 View Post
              I got mine(used) with my jdm headlights about 3 yrs ago and still burning nicely idk how long they were used before I got them.
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Yeah sometimes you get lucky and get a good set.. most times.. not.

Comment

I wished my GTX was running again. Just moved, now have a garage! WoHoo!

George

Comment

...workin on getting my air dam on, but i still need to wheel out our jack.
                    Yeah, its a 4 ton, get that! Its not the easiest thing to menouver.
                    Ile post pics our so a lil later if i get it on.
                    Mazda
                    1988 Black 323 GT
                    DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

I did the much needed oil change...had forgotten that the B6 only holds ~3 quarts instead of the 4.3 of the BP so now I got a lot left. Also tightened up the metal heat shield that was loose, bend the lower valence back to where it's supposed to be, and then washed it/cleaned the wheels/door jams...I kinda like going up to the dealership when I'm not working and doing stuff. I'd rather do it while I'm getting paid but oh well.

Comment

...and this is in the BF section why?
                        Mazda
                        1988 Black 323 GT
                        DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

^^^Oooops! I thought it said BG! lol I'm so tired that I don't even know where I'm posting stuff up at!

Comment

LMAO, thats ok, ive done it before too.
                            Mazda
                            1988 Black 323 GT
                            DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

Well I went to a junkyard today...they had a red '88 323 hatch, nothing good really, and a black '93 Protege LX, nothing really good either. I got nothin'. My brother said they had 2 or 3 BFs there so that's why I went, looking for an '86-'87 hatch for the rear seat belts and speaker covers, so my interior would be complete.

Then I went out to the valley here where I took some pics of the 323, they can be seen in my thread in the Photo section.

Then I got home and put the Tracer seat bottom in. I don't know, I don't really like the seat bottom in there because I like the flat-ness of the seats folded down and the bottom doesn't let them go flat. Plus when the Tracer seat backs fold down they bunch up at the bottom corners...I gotta fix that and possibly modify the seat bottom so that it's lower. I can cut the foam and bend the frame/latches so might be able to get it low enough for my likings.

Comment

Working...
                              X