What did you do to your BF today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No posts for over a month?

Anyway, I started cleaning the Mazda for a 2 day show this weekend. I should have started earlier, but I've been a bit busy lately. As shown in my sig, I have a new primary show car (hopefully this one will stay longer than the other two).

Oh, and FE3-323, I completely forgot about what you asked. Hopefully I'll remember to check tomorrow.
    '87 Mazda 323 SL - daily driver, backup show car (being restored as I get time)
    '82 BMW 518i (E12/8) with 32/34 Weber and Simota cone - old show car (stolen)
    '70 VW 411L Auto - show/restoration project to replace 518i - sold
    '99 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster - show project

Comment

I walked past both my 323s that are sitting in the driveway.... thinking about what I need to do. Boy, do I have a lot of work to do on them.

Comment

You know what to do then.

Speaking of which, I need to get the thermostat housing in my 323 repaired. The pipe section is rotten, and I can't find a replacement (only for the B series, which won't be a direct fit).

Comment

I put some finishing touches on a carpet replacement and IP reinstallment after cleaning out all of the ductwork. The carpet looks great and can’t wait for winter salt to be washed away so I can drive my “winter car”———— go figure.

Comment

Replaced oil pan gasket/seals/goo. Those end seals were hard as rocks. Cleaned up real nice too. This was an extremely simple repair. Compared to my miata where the engine has to come out.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just posted in another thread.

A friend and I started to do some maintenance in preparation for putting the engine back in, and it evolved into a complete teardown to rebuild the engine.

Comment

Painted the crossmember that the gearbox sits on. It's not perfect (far from it), but considering where it is, I'm not too concerned. It does look much nicer than before. Now I just have to polish everything, give the engine bay some ceramic, and then the engine can FINALLY go in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200907-163036.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	1245919

Comment

definitely looks nicer with paint
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Replaced the speedometer cable. The "new" one is a bit noisy though, so I should probably budget to have a new one made soon.

Also, I picked up a header while I was at the scrapyard. Not new, and honestly not the best design/quality, but for the price it'll definitely help. Now to clean and paint it, and then I can see when I can afford to get it installed (they have to replace the rear flange).

Name:	IMG-20200922-WA0034.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	378.7 KB
ID:	1245928

Comment

thats 1/3 4/2 thats a great header. should have good scavaging at both points of merge. definitely home brewed but it looks like the primaries are sufficiently sized for flow.
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Did some more painting yesterday.

Wheel arch liners (I forgot to remove one earlier and the overspray showed through a hole in the engine bay)

Name:	20210412-154616.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	1245976

Name:	20210412-154620.jpg
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	1245977

One of the lower engine bay plastics (same as above with overspray, the other one will be done soon when I have more stuff ready):

Name:	20210412-154637.jpg
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	1245978

And finally, the door handles:

Name:	20210412-154605.jpg
Size:	320.5 KB
ID:	1245979

Name:	20210412-162222.jpg
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	1245980

The last one is just a mock fitting, I still need to remove the orange peel. That will happen today.

Comment

Details Details.

A light sanding of those door handles will dull them down nicely as well....

Comment

The gloss is part ot the overall look I'm going for.

Comment

Working...
                            X