No announcement yet.

What did you do to your BF today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if and when the 1.6 sohc in your 323 goes south, are you considering a B6T swap, or dare I say it, a BPT swap?
    Talk about sleeper!
    Mazda
    1988 Black 323 GT
    DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Originally posted by FamiliaGT View Post
      So if and when the 1.6 sohc in your 323 goes south, are you considering a B6T swap, or dare I say it, a BPT swap?
      Talk about sleeper!
      The BP from the Protege would go in. Still, it would put down around 115 at the wheels(I'd have to go with either stock 323 or MX-3 exhaust to keep the car quiet, so my 121.3whp it saw in the Protege would be down a little).

Don't tempt me. I've put my B6 through a lot of crap and it just hums along without a care. With the new oil in it it seems a little smoother/happier...I don't see it going out any time soon. If I wanted to be really crazy I'd go with a KL. Maybe a year or 2 down the line if I get bored and have nothing better to do then I'll do an engine swap.

I'd like to keep the 323 as a luxury car so whatever I do it has to be reliable and quiet, with A/C and P/S.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
      On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
      My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Ive yet to actualy see a 323 with working A/C

Well, since the scum of the earth basterd on meth without a job stole my Stereo, I went and picked up a new one on Tuesday. Now all I have to do is run new wire for the speakers since the faggot tore out half the wire harness and is now not long enough. Theres another full day project.
        Ile do that next tuesday.
        Mazda
        1988 Black 323 GT
        DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

yesterday i parked mine for the week... I'm in hawaii!!!! ya'll are jealous.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
          1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
          1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
          1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
          1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Originally posted by FamiliaGT View Post
            Ive yet to actualy see a 323 with working A/C
            Mine did work before I bought it, but the compressor had been leaking for a long time. I need to get a compressor and it'll be working again...not really looking forward to A/C in the 323 for the fact that I remember having A/C on with the automatic and the car losing a good chunk of power and going completely anemic. It was bad...I often just did windows unless I was cruising on the highway or another non-stop road. The Protege with A/C was barely noticeable with the BP. I have to recharge it for the season though.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

Went to the 'zone with my brother since his friend works there(my brother use to) and hooks me up with the employee prices. So I got a new rear caliper for my Protege but also a new set of Silverstars for the 323. Then I went with my brother to his shop, did some stuff there...he has a '90 Miata parts car and I snagged the bi-fold visors off of it. My 323's visors are one of a few parts of the car that hate high-speeds. Going down the highway with the windows down causes them to fall down...it also causes the rear wing windows to slam shut but I fixed that issue a while back with reuseable wire-ties to hold the latches. So I put the Miata visors in the 323. They look goofy in there, but atleast they won't fall in my face. They're actually nifty because of the way they fold, and I was surprised that they mount right on. Yay another factory mod done!

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
                So I put the Miata visors in the 323. They look goofy in there, but atleast they won't fall in my face. They're actually nifty because of the way they fold, and I was surprised that they mount right on.
                Pics or it didn't happen.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Originally posted by 808 View Post
                  Pics or it didn't happen.
                  Tomorrow. I promise.

Comment

And we dont' mean pics of your brother at Autozone..........

You know, an easier mod would have been to roll your windows up.......

Comment

Originally posted by LN323 View Post
                      And we dont' mean pics of your brother at Autozone..........

You know, an easier mod would have been to roll your windows up.......

Yeah because I didn't know how I would get my brother to go back to Autozone for a picture. lol WTF man...

Rolling the windows up isn't a mod and the reason the windows are down is for cooling, as my A/C doesn't work because the compressor leaked it all out. Now, before you say "well fix it", on a 82hp car, the loss of power is a higher percentage. Due to Mazda's awesome designing, the rear wing windows opening coupled with the front windows down and cowl vents open, aerodynamic loss with the windows down isn't much in the 323, plus the cooling effect with that setup is enough to keep me feeling good in temps of 85 or less.

Oh and 4 screws for the visors isn't exactly a difficult mod.

Comment

Pictars:
                        Visor folded in the up position

Visor in the down position but folded

Visor in the down position unfolded

Haven't "tested" them in the sun yet but they appear to work ok...they are smaller than the 323 visors but I don't mind.

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
                          Yeah because I didn't know how I would get my brother to go back to Autozone for a picture. lol WTF man...

Rolling the windows up isn't a mod and the reason the windows are down is for cooling, as my A/C doesn't work because the compressor leaked it all out. Now, before you say "well fix it", on a 82hp car, the loss of power is a higher percentage. Due to Mazda's awesome designing, the rear wing windows opening coupled with the front windows down and cowl vents open, aerodynamic loss with the windows down isn't much in the 323, plus the cooling effect with that setup is enough to keep me feeling good in temps of 85 or less.

Oh and 4 screws for the visors isn't exactly a difficult mod.
                          Um, yea...

I guess it's because I am new to this forum that my "joking" and "ribbing" is potentially being missed. Bottom line, I'm fine with your mod of using dif visors. The important thing is that YOU like it because after all, it's YOUR car. I was just teasing you about the idea of having your windows rolled down at high speeds... LOL

And one more thing.....

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by LN323 View Post
                            Um, yea...

I guess it's because I am new to this forum that my "joking" and "ribbing" is potentially being missed. Bottom line, I'm fine with your mod of using dif visors. The important thing is that YOU like it because after all, it's YOUR car. I was just teasing you about the idea of having your windows rolled down at high speeds... LOL

And one more thing.....

LOL
                            and the 323performance antics begin!!! lol
                            GRIPtoLIVE........................................ .........
                            NA6C new track slut-NB8C waiting on parts
                            94 E36- RB20 swap -sold
                            93 323 budget track slut RIP
                            FEARLESS MOTORING..........................................

Comment

I did my first burnout ever and felt incredibly bad-ass until I spooled it into the boost cut and everything stopped very suddenly.
                              Fast, cheap, reliable: pick two.

1992 Mercury Capri XR2 130xxx miles SOLD

1990 Honda Civic SI
                              186k 10:1 hybrid motor
                              d16 on 10 pounds will turn ya out.

sigpic

Comment

^ uh oh
                                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                                X