No announcement yet.

What did you do to your BF today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today, I bought new PCV hoses, and installed my slim line fan. Only problem was when i started to loosen up the upper fan mounts, the whole upper bracket broke its weld joint. So i had to revert to temporarily using zip ties till i get the bracket re welded to the radiator. Fan was in and tested, and really works well so far. I installed the new PCV valve and hoses, and cleaned out my oil catch bottles. Should be good to go for w while.
    Mazda
    1988 Black 323 GT
    DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

What I did to my BF....

Originally posted by Skuce View Post
      Lets get the ball rolling people!
      slipped my axle back into the wheel and poly wire tied the boot back, (no water or crud got into the grease) it fit back with out much trouble. Is this a future replace anyway now that this has happened, or is it ok to operate?

Looks like a motor/transmission mount is the culprit.

Has anyone else had this problem??

The axle slipped out down shifting from 3rd to 2nd, into a fuel stop, and the axel poped out of the wheel, it was a cold and frosty morning, the entrance also was a bump down, and thuds are common with this car since I've had it.

I just thought it was the struts are bad.

Comment and suggestions please.

David
      ky

David
      sigpic Ky

Comment

Dropped it back on the ground, moved it to level ground, topped off my oil, let it run for about 15 minutes, cleaned a bunch of crap out of it, and tinted my corners. Some pics:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...9&postcount=64

Comment

Originally posted by TRRC View Post
          Dropped it back on the ground, moved it to level ground, topped off my oil, let it run for about 15 minutes, cleaned a bunch of crap out of it, and tinted my corners. Some pics:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...9&postcount=64
          Dude, nice..... Are those 205/50-15s? Cool.

I vote for a new intercooler! You gotta get rid of that stock one.

Keep up the good work!

Larry

Comment

on the GTX: Broke the driver's side window

I did however do a fluid bleed/flush and installed some goodridge braided lines so now it stops. I got the FCON to act nice and the EVC to stay steady and it has to be the fastest 180K mile engine with a half-blown #3 in the world.

Comment

does that mean mine's the fastest 300k motor in the world?

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
              1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
              1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
              1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
              1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

I took her autocrossing yesterday... Drove it like I stole it.. Ended up 2nd place in my class by 1 tenth.. I got beat by a toyota yaris with a super chargers kit, full coil overs the works.. lol.. When the rain hit for the afternoon runs I stepped the car sideways every chance I had..

Comment

Originally posted by 808 View Post
                  does that mean mine's the fastest 300k motor in the world?
                  If it can make any sort of positive pressure, sure why not.

Comment

I hate the title of this thread. It always makes me thing g@y sh°t.
                    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                    |.....Overnight....................| ||
                    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

I so F****** hate you.
                      Mazda
                      1988 Black 323 GT
                      DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

Ok Choad sticker... go play with your moms sex toys...

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
                        I hate the title of this thread. It always makes me thing g@y sh°t.
                        don't be jackin in this thread, old farts play here, therefore you must be nice
                        or you will be pulled out of the closet and flamed on line for being a closet boy with rice in his pockets.

if your a flaming closet Accura lover

In otherwords Go back to Mt. Airy where Barney will keep you in citations daily.
                        Last edited by riverrunnernky; 04-29-2008, 09:50 AM.
                        David
                        sigpic Ky

Comment

on topic...

I changed out my BFs instrument cluster, added a factory clock, replaced the rust ridden hood and added mx 3 seats....now making final adjustments to the seats.

Then Pics.
                          Last edited by riverrunnernky; 04-29-2008, 09:54 AM.
                          David
                          sigpic Ky

Comment

...wow
                            Mazda
                            1988 Black 323 GT
                            DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

Purchased a S-10 chin spoiler, and a set of late '80s MR2 seats. What a pain! But they are blue and solidly mounted, and way better than stock. I'll post some pics soon.

I need non asa strut mounts, front brake calipers, and two engine mounts. then this little monster will be drivable.

Comment

Not today but this week I trashed my #4 rod bearing. Pulled the engine, it was my first time ever pulling an engine, wasn't that bad. Engine is stripped and just chilling in the garage floor while I save up money for a new engine to put everything on.
                                Fast, cheap, reliable: pick two.

1992 Mercury Capri XR2 130xxx miles SOLD

1990 Honda Civic SI
                                186k 10:1 hybrid motor
                                d16 on 10 pounds will turn ya out.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X