What did you do to your BF today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BFMRGTX View Post
    Doesn't matter. FD has cooling / afr issues. Mine still needs to have the pedals adjusted. Both cars suck, actually.

Terry, your Avatar is freakin me out.

and i bet you won.
    Mazda
    1988 Black 323 GT
    DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

So I challenge you to a duel come May Terry. I should be fully functional and ready to go by then, sweet driver's seat at least.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
      1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
      1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
      1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
      1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Challenge me to what:
        1.) Rallycross / muddy coolant puddle challenge?
        2.) Autocross / fan belt-flinging time challenge?
        3.) Touge / spin-out / Bambi-thumping / squealing brake-off? (You'll stand no chance, my technique cannot be equalled)
        4.) Grand, kooky, "I've gotta tell you about my plans / pipedream" storytime, tell-off
        5.) Who can drive the dickest with worn pads / tires / blown struts / bad alignment / off-timing / boost leak / 2nd gear synchro / crank wobble / loud bearing and still try to look cool while doing it?

Call me when you get the notion to fill up the tank and head to NorCal.

Comment

Originally posted by FamiliaGT View Post
          Terry, your Avatar is freakin me out.

and i bet you won.
          Nah. Trust me, there's no comparison when driving in the twisties. The RX-7 and the Miata will always be the car to drive.

Comment

Its true... a miata can't hang in the straights... but will wreck us in the corners. The rx7 (especially the fd) win on both fronts.

I was thinking bambi squealing, spin out off an embankment challenge. I should be in the area may 21-23.

1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead

Comment

Challenge accepted.

I'll make sure I'm off the boat, and that my AAA is up to date.

Comment

There will be the grand story tell off as well.

Comment

Yes, yes. I've concocted a few stories for just such an occasion.

Comment

drov eto work today and noticed my heater doesn't work again. and the tranny or something is making a kind of vibration or shake or some kind of weird noise when idling down, around 1200 rpms any ideas. going to check the gear oil and crank pulley bolts tonight after the little girl goes to sleep.

Comment

took apart the heater blower motor. i think the blower motor is going out, the wires aren't coroded are anything. also loosened the alternator belt after tightening it the other day to see if it stop the weird vibrating issue i was having the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by bighed323 View Post
                        took apart the heater blower motor. i think the blower motor is going out, the wires aren't coroded are anything. also loosened the alternator belt after tightening it the other day to see if it stop the weird vibrating issue i was having the other day.
                        What is the symptom? Does the fan work at all? Does it work on 1,2,3,4 ? Under the dash, adjacent to the blower motor, is the resistor pack. The resistors are of the high current-type, and are super brittle. They look like light filaments. On the BG 323 / Protege, Mazda re-designed the resistor block, and encased the resistors in a block of ceramic. You can use this type, but you will have to slightly enlarge the hole where it bolts in, and you will have to re-wire the connector. I believe that 2 of the 4 terminals will need to be swapped.

It is pretty easy to do. I've done this a LONG time ago, and haven't had any issues so far. I believe that I put the info on the yahoo forum, so it might be in the archives.

Good luck.

Comment

it does not work at all. i looked at what you are talking about the, resistor, and it has what looks like gray frosting on it.

Comment

Changed rear wheel bearing today, it needed doing, no more rumbling noise now. Waiting on another bearing to arrive for the front and them im gunna crack on with the galant brake upgrade, got the discs/pads, longer studs, mx3 calipers, all good to go.

Comment

+6C outside when it should be somewhere near -30C to -40C, I drove the piss out of my baby today, hell I even had the sunroof open!

1993 Mazda Familia GTR - work log

Comment

searched online for blower motors at local jy's. anybody know if a blower motor from 94 pro will work.

Comment

Working...
                                X