X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ you shouldn't have a VJ14 on a BPT
    B6T yes.... the VJ11 is a nice upgrade for the B6T
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

well i guess i'll have to look and see what i have, i should have the stock turbo on my bpt, i'll have to veryify what turbo it really is, if i do have the vj14 on there, what is supposed to be there?

Comment

What cam is the dizzy attached to?

Comment

you talkin to me? im pretty sure its the one closest to the exhaust side. why

Comment

If you have a BPT engine (Dizzy on the exhaust cam, intake enters from the driver's side), chances are very likely that you have the VJ20 Turbo attached to it.

If it's a B6T (Dizzy on the intake cam, intake runs over valve cover, to the TB), chances are very high that you are running the VJ14 (or the VJ14/11 hybrid) turbo.

Assuming that it is indeed an IHI Turbo, you'll have to read what's been stamped on the housing, then cross-reference that alpha-numeric bit of goodness to what is on here:

Or look here, which has some useful info:

Good luck.

Comment

i've got the bpt for sure, b6t took a **** the day i bought it(literally) blew a big hole in the block right behind the turbo, couldnt find another b6t to replace it so i bought a bpt gtx entire front clip off ebay. had corksport make my hybrid axles for me outta the 2 sets i had... i did all the fab work but had a shop here in town wire in a microtech standalone system. dyno'd at 169.5 HP

i had always just assumed that they came with the vj14 and that the gtr came with the vj20. if the bpt gtx comes with the vj20 then what does the gtr come with?

i actually had my vj11 on craigslist and a dude called me about it tonight, and since its not an upgrade for me im gonna let it go if he calls back

Comment

and thanks for the info/links

Comment

I guess you guys can add me to the band wagon. I just won a vj11 off ebay and will be going on my 1.7l built b6t (89' 323 gt sedan) once it's rebuilt and upgraded!!! Just looking for 220whp because I have a 09.5' Pontiac G8 gt to play with too......

Comment

Just looking for some info here. I bought my car with a vj11 and it was missing a nut on the front driver side. I've been having an issue with them backing off and causing a boost leak as in 12 psi max and with three tight it would build 15-16 psi and drop down to 12 after 5000-5500 rpms. Now I have all 4 nuts with flat washers and locking washers, it will hold18 psi to 6500 rpms but they're STILL backing out. Am I the only person with this issue?

Will stage 8 nuts help? I don't want to spend the money on something that won't work. But I'm sick of this weekly ritual of fighting the back downpipe nut off which has been stripped three times so far

Comment

tweety. your best bet is to go buy new nuts. M8x1.25 get 8 stainless nuts. & double them up. if you tighten them against each other they will not back off.

Best of luck
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

I did, they still backed off. 4 new nuts 4 flat washers 4 locking washers. Didn't help

Comment

probably because your using washers & lock washers..... which won't do you any good.
                          either that or your being too much of a sally & under tightening them.... idk what else to tell you. in my many years boosted now i have never once had a reoccuring loss of nuts after doubling them up 1 nut on top of another- nothing else

Comment

Could the exhaust be moving enough to wiggle them loose? It doesn't have a flex pipe and it has a broken hangar

Comment

im sure that will have a good part to do with it. do you have the turbo support brace to the block???

Comment

Nope. A lot of things have been removed from this car that shouldn't have been

Comment

Working...
                                X