No announcement yet.

93BlkOnGreenPro's worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very similar to mine, except mine isn't nice yet. Ha. Paid $120.

Excellent pics of a very nice-looking car. I chose to put another B8 in mine because of the fuel economy... I certainly haven't regretted it.

(and your avatar is distracting)
    '94 Protegé DX

Comment

I love looking at these types of threads. Car has come along way. Keep up the good work.
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

oil leak is most likely the dist 0-ring ... 2.00 part from the dealer and about 30 sec to fix ..

car looks good ... i Hate you rust free guys

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaNoob View Post
          oil leak is most likely the dist 0-ring ... 2.00 part from the dealer and about 30 sec to fix ..

car looks good ... i Hate you rust free guys
          The only reason that I am hesitant to fix this is because in the past the car has had starting promblems that for a while, came and went, and we never figured out what it was, so pulling the distributor out has been a big no no to replace the O ring. I'm afriad that it will not start afterwards
          My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

mark the potition of the distributer housing in reference to the block , remove cap and mark the same for the rotor, then you will be able to match the timing exactly to what you have currently. as long and you dont fumble it and drop it to the concrete i dont see you having any issues ... you dont even have to disconnect the harness to it if you are worried about the wiring being an issue.... i know mine was leaking BADLY when i changed mine and i hated the oil on the driveway / all over the trans ect .... but i do understand the if it works dont f*** with it as well

Comment

nice pics and writeup... Its funny that ur license plate says "WTF"..

Comment

have you checked your starter?

by the way great progress with the car
                sigpic

TopGear Show Off | Ride of the Month | CarDomain ]

Comment

Originally posted by whistler View Post
                  That was a good laugh lol
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by whistler View Post
                    Yeah. . . When the DMV gave me that I was like "WTF?" People point that out when they see it. I might be getting a personalized plate with my college on it, so it may be going back into the system.
                    My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Comment

Now I'm trying to figure out whether I want to build a stockish bp or another b8. does anyone know the mpg for a straight shift b8 vs. a bp?

I would like to boost that mf'r one day btw.

Comment

Look up a thread called "there's something about mary". That's my boys pro in orlando. It was boosted with a t3/t4 on the sohc with no ic and had megasquirt. Ran mint. I met him when he had that setup. Trust me it kicked ass. The manni was a custom built log unit someone in puerto rico built. Just do a bp swap then boost.....a lot easier.
                        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                          Look up a thread called "there's something about mary". That's my boys pro in orlando. It was boosted with a t3/t4 on the sohc with no ic and had megasquirt. Ran mint. I met him when he had that setup. Trust me it kicked ass. The manni was a custom built log unit someone in puerto rico built. Just do a bp swap then boost.....a lot easier.

Comment

boosted 1.8.

Soes he still have that manifold? the bp manifold will not work?

Comment

Originally posted by 93BlkOnGreenPro View Post
                              boosted 1.8.

Soes he still have that manifold? the bp manifold will not work?
                              The dohc manni will not fit the sohc. No he sold that and I believe it's in pr again lol.
                              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Originally posted by 93BlkOnGreenPro View Post
                                Does anyone know the mpg for a straight shift b8 vs. a bp?

Comment

Working...
                                X