No announcement yet.

Gtx Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've got an 88 gtx with the bpt motor and trans in it, i live in omaha nebraska

and to the guy that needed a drive shaft. you can get a driveshaft made for next to nothing. dont limit yourself to part availability as long as its mechanical parts. they made it all a first time, it can be done again

Comment

was it red by any chance ?

Comment

Digging up this old thread, because it intrigues me as to how many cars may be left on the road, and left in existence. Prior life I had two that are very likely gone, one rally car and one rusted street car that was not going to make it much further about 15 years ago.

I now have a magnificently clean never seen salt car in my possession that I am going to have a hard time deciding to drive it this winter. The front subframe bolts don't even have rust on them... and the only surface rust was under the battery tray that I have neutralized and spot paint repaired.

Any latest status update on 88 -89 GTX's?

Comment

The one I used to have, I imagine has gone to the grave yard due to its rotten rear strut towers.. Last I heard, it ended up in Alberta..

The one I have now I daily drive.. It only has 97,000km (Yes KM, not miles).. She has lots of life left in her, but she's had a hard life at one point and needs some tlc..

Comment

Love Sporting Rally!

Click image for larger version

Name:	10400031_696604663725884_5000831597161034203_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	1241295
            I was lucky enough to buy this GTX before I even knew what it was. My uncle had a transmission shop before he passed away, the guy who owned the 323 originally gave it to my uncle as a gift among friends. The engine was rebuilt and never installed back in the car until my uncle passed away and I really needed a car so I bought it to help my aunt with finances. Click image for larger version

Name:	11262008_868034836582865_7006707452090728760_n.jpg
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	1241296
            I found out all about the history of the 88 323 GTX as I brought the car back to life.https://www.facebook.com/tyler.rober...type=3&theater
            The first time I had it out on the road, it blew my mind with awesomeness!
            -Adrenaline Junky-

Comment

This is mine 323 BF GTAe/GTX 1988

Name:	DSC00546.jpg
Size:	359.7 KB
ID:	1241298

Name:	DSC00601.jpg
Size:	376.4 KB
ID:	1241299

Name:	DSC00603.jpg
Size:	343.2 KB
ID:	1241300

Comment

My gtx i bought a year ago with a second gear grind (shocking i know) finally got moved into new garage and it has gone under the knife... shes a rusty one but when it gets the full built megasquirt tratment it will get fixed..
                Only have pics of it now and last weekClick image for larger version

Name:	20150424_231813.jpg
Size:	360.7 KB
ID:	1241436 driving to Pennsylvania to buy a transmission tomorrow Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150627_145429.jpg
Size:	383.2 KB
ID:	1241437
                Last edited by monstergtx; 08-27-2015, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Bought this '88 gtx the other day. Used to belong to Brody on this forum. I hope to be able to figure out the ms2 trigger issues on it this weekend.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0034.jpg
Size:	380.9 KB
ID:	1241458

Comment

Originally posted by steveracer View Post
                    Digging up this old thread, because it intrigues me as to how many cars may be left on the road, and left in existence. Prior life I had two that are very likely gone, one rally car and one rusted street car that was not going to make it much further about 15 years ago.

I now have a magnificently clean never seen salt car in my possession that I am going to have a hard time deciding to drive it this winter. The front subframe bolts don't even have rust on them... and the only surface rust was under the battery tray that I have neutralized and spot paint repaired.

Any latest status update on 88 -89 GTX's?
                    You know I say use it Steve!
                    Oil it up, and have some fun.
                    A GTX does it's best the slippery it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Militancy View Post
                      Bought this '88 gtx the other day. Used to belong to Brody on this forum. I hope to be able to figure out the ms2 trigger issues on it this weekend.
                      Good luck, I remember Brody was having some challenges with figuring out the MS and then bought an Audi and moved the the PNW. Hope you get the car sorted and running soon.

Comment

Originally posted by slownrusty View Post
                        Good luck, I remember Brody was having some challenges with figuring out the MS and then bought an Audi and moved the the PNW. Hope you get the car sorted and running soon.
                        It runs now. A connector was wired backwards and the cam trigger wire was screwed up somewhere. It metered out fine but just didnt work. Ghetto ran a new wire through the door and it fired right up on the first rotation. The oil was mostly old gas and water so I changed it and drove around the block. It's back in the garage now to fix the wiring harness to my standards. I'll start a thread on it so I don't crap this one up any more.

Comment

new gtx member..timbotim

Originally posted by trailrider098 View Post
                          As most of us know there were only 1,243 88-89 Mazda 323 GTX's in north america. Since then how many have been totaled rally racing, junked cause of high milage/rust, or just lost? I want to know how many are left and start an actual list of the people that actually have one of these very rare cars and still care about them.

Please post your frist name and one pic of your GTX.

Jeff's 88 GTX
                          Hello, Jeff ? Im Timbotim just joined protegeclub .com In feeling my way around your site came upon your very good question, just what in 27-28 yrs is really left of this rare homologian. I wonder too, I am now 3rd owner and only. on the big island of 0 WHY ee, the proper pronunciation of the Big Island.... anyway the car has experienced only wet paved roads as we do not have groomed forest service roads or rally’s as such to ruin this car. its paved roads or truly 4 wheel roads crawling trails. I just bought this car when cruising Craig list for parts for my festy Mazda ! it had been sitting a long while in the possession of a very responsible young family man, and we clicked......this car has never been in the hands of zealous teens !
                          its bone stock, and its my intention to bring it back to showroom stock condition and just Enjoy it. o yes 1989 gtx and will send photo in progressive stages when i construct its personal garage. only had it for 5 days this writing. I have a grocery list of questions I hope this site can Shepard me with. like pertinent advise on where to begin. and what to look for going forward.
                          well I hope I replied in the correct manner
                          Aloha timbotim

Comment

Aloha,

Here's some links:

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Performance Automotive Aftermarket service and accessories

The largest Ford Laser and Mazda 323 community in the world.

parkmazdaoemparts.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, parkmazdaoemparts.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

An informal directory listing of Mazda 323 GTX cars, parts and services: for sale and wanted to buy.

And it's pronounced "Hah-why-EEE", like it's spelled. Just because they have a monarchy there doesn't mean they can use their own dialect. We conquered, we set the rules.

Comment

Ya-ta-hay l-o-l

Comment

He's so haole, he don't know he's haole.

Comment

Working...
                                X