Gtx Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here are 4 plus a bg-gtr in canada
    An informal directory listing of Mazda 323 GTX cars, parts and services: for sale and wanted to buy.

i know the Tabors' use to have a rally gtx. dunno what happened to it though
    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
    Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Originally posted by worldhazard View Post
      they used to have 2... They might physically still have one of them. but i know the black one is gone.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
      1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
      1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
      1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
      1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Pat's 88 GTX (Brandon's aka 1579's old car...was it the parts one?)

It doesn't look like it did when I bought it (in the pic) I am fully prepping it for Rally X and Auto X. Full cage, fuel cell, new suspention, brakes, hardlines, bushings, race seats, harness', fire supression system, roof vent (sealed up the old sunroof) tons of rust repair, and let's not even start with the engine mods....not dones yet but hopefully will be running 200hp.

The big news is I might be picking up a second one that was parked on grass for a few years and it's rusty...so it may be a parts or may be a restoration.
        sigpic
        The Beater and the Race Car....guess which is which!
        Little boys play in the street, real men play in the dirt"

Comment

I didn't want to be left out...

This ones mine.

its got the entire drivetrain out of a 92 jdm gtx. So it's 1.8L vj20/vf8 hybird @ 17psi on occasion. Most of the time I run on the stock wastegate spring at 10-12.

it's slowly becoming a rally car.
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm luv'n those rims
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

any idea what muffler that is? i hate mine.

1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                I'm luv'n those rims
                they look almost the same as yers.

Muffler is Magnaflow stainless. 3" from the elbow back to to the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by worldhazard View Post
                  That's Matt Tabors car there. It was Derrick Bottles old car AFAIK.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by pikespeakgtx; 11-08-2008, 01:24 AM.

Comment

This is Dave Kern's old GTX...

He Rolls off the side of the road. His reaction always makes me laugh.
                    1988 Mazda 323 GTX at the 2007 Temple Canyon Hillclimb in Canyon City, Colorado.Special thanks to Salta Motorsports, Checkpoint Racing & Ace Transmissions.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Most of the GTX'ers are on the email group
                      323gtx@yahoogroups.com. I've had several over the last 15 years. My present one is under restortion and I don't have any digital pics of it yet. Silver, sunroof, all manual but the mirrors. About to get a GTR drivetrain.
                      Jim Chittenden
                      NY
                      s1elise190@yahoo.com

1988 Mazda 323 GTX

Comment

So I have some bad news (well it might be good in some way!)

On the hunt for parts I have come across 2 GTX's in the Toronto area, and oddly enough about 2 blocks apart, that are being scrapped. One car is being carcused for parts and he's selling them on ebay and the other is a running high KM's GTX that they guy has tentivly sold me for $800. Only issue, major rust and all the "gtx" parts like interior and spoilers are stripped.

So right now of what I know in the Toronto area there are:
                        5 running GTX's with plates
                        3 scrap cars
                        sigpic
                        The Beater and the Race Car....guess which is which!
                        Little boys play in the street, real men play in the dirt"

Comment

Yeah... get used to it... these things get crushed and wrecked on a weekly basis.

Comment

Got some pics of mine finished

Finally got the car running and driving strong, next step fmic.... any suggestions or should i stick with corksport
                            Attached Files

Comment

I'm using a late 80's supra intercooler......It fits nicely behind the bumper.

Comment

pikepeakgtx what bumpers are those?
                                5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Working...
                                X