Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wake up, BHA crew! Or am I the only one left?

Anyway, why do the only junkyards with these cars have to be 3+ hours away from me?

Comment

Is it really that bad for you? I can find BHAs all day long around here, but absolutely no BGs. By chance you weren't needing anything Mazdaspeed?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Comment

That depends on what Mazdaspeed bits you're talking about.

But yeah, no yards around here have these cars. One yard had a 95/96 a few years ago and it was gone within a week. I'm looking for two trim pieces on the interior. The small "finish plate" above the steering column in from of the gauge cluster and a good condition driver's door panel. That's all I really need.

Comment

I think I can help you with the trim pieces. I'll send ya a pm

Comment

I got one.
            I wish I knew which other parts would fit on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Almost nothing. These cars are the oddball of the Mazda family. Besides engines and transmissions, not much can be exchanged with other cars.

Comment

Got back to cleaning up the ES calipers. It's been a few years since I've touched them. Ground down the casting marks and seams and such. Smoothed it all out and should make for a nice, smooth paint job when I decide what color to finally paint them. One down, three to go.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CaliperBeforeAfter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	1242222

Comment

looks nice smoothed out! did you pick a color yet?
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

That's a lot of detail work for just calipers, but it does look good. I thought about painting my calipers the same gold color that was on the strut brace. It would have looked good with the green paint, but not sure about your car's color. Maybe red or silver?

Comment

Thanks, guys. I haven't picked a color yet. I was originally going to have them powdercoated to match the Mazdaspeed strutbar mounts, but I can't get the rear calipers apart to make that happen. I thought about silver, or just clear coating these, but the wheels on the car are already silver. I do have an orange valve cover in the garage I could match, but I'm not sure about orange with my car's tan body color. I'm looking at Eastwood engine paints now. They have a pretty big selection, more than any auto parts store has. I still have three calipers left to make pretty, so I have plenty of time to choose a color.

Comment

Not much action in here. But i need to do a tune up on the 97.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My '97 needs an A/C recharge, I think. It idles horribly when the compressor kicks on, almost stalled twice. If I'm driving with the A/C on, I have to turn it off every time I come to a stop otherwise the idle sucks, doesn't blow cold, and somehow makes it more difficult to launch the car. I stalled yesterday trying to take off from a red light with the A/C on. I also need to find a way to get rid of the highway bouncing. I just set the front coilovers to full stiff and I'll take it out in a little bit to see if that did anything.

Side note, I don't know if it's just me or what, but this car stalls with very little drama. If my mom's old '09 Jetta stalled, it felt like hitting a brick wall no matter how slowly you were moving. My Protege stalled in the driveway once and I didn't even realize it right away. Weird.

Comment

I had similar issues with mine. Upgraded the alternator, problem solved!

Comment

Originally posted by Foofighter8008 View Post
                              I had similar issues with mine. Upgraded the alternator, problem solved!

Hey man, did this solve idle issues and everything?
                              Do you have any details like what the new alt actor came out of and how many Amps it is?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

It was 80 amp if I remember correctly

Comment

Working...
                                X