Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it was 80 amp. I got mine from rockauto. It fixed the rough idle when I was at stops with a/c running and stuff

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Comment

Premo, I think we even have a rock auto here where I am.
      Wonder what the stock one is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Last few days slowly I've been fixing up some headlights picked up from pickapart (only to find the corners are all brittle from 25w lamps the buggers)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1467329323.653001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1242281

Name:	Image1467329341.914313.jpg
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	1242282

Ive now got some 2000grit to get them a bit better.

Whilst at pic a part, I wandered into a mitzy, and noticed the shifter.....anyone think it might fit the Mazda?

Name:	Image1467329486.154498.jpg
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	1242283

Name:	Image1467329505.053628.jpg
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	1242284

Comment

might be possible on that shifter! nice work cleaning up the lens's
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Thanks man, it's coming along. Need to find a uv spray paint or I should really go to the panel beaters that I put wrong (told them the wrong side of the car so they did both)
            But I guess il have to wait till I get corner lenses.

Yeah I think it could too!
            But on the stock one.... Well I can't rember but I would have thought the cable came out more to the right.
            If anything it will bring the shaft out more to the right, which is good for me, as I drive on the wrong side of the road [emoji41]

Comment

So i priced out some rear struts for the 97. Ouch. Any ideas for anything local and reasonable. Or bolt on from another generation of protege??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did thst[emoji15]

Comment

what is this^^? oil pressure at the head?
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                    what is this^^? oil pressure at the head?
                    Ten points!! it is, my sender just screwed right in. I may use the temp sensor there instead in the end.

This morning I found lots of info on 4wire tsp adjustment that may help with rough idle, so I might try that today.

Comment

Any luck with the tps adjustment?

Also, any other BHA nerds still working on these things? I just got mine inspected. There was a clunk coming from the front left wheel area, I could move the sway bar back and forth slightly. Thought the RX7 bushings bit the dust, but turns out the end link the control arm bolt was just loose enough to allow the bolt to move around in the hole. I was hoping to find a way to make the hole around the bolt a little more snug, but no luck. Tightening the crap out of the bolt/nut seems to have worked, though. I also think it's time for new brakes.

Comment

Shoot I haven't posted in ages.

Made no difference adjusting the tps, seems it was good from the start.

I think changing the distributor seal helped.......if oil can get out, air. Can get out, rather than burned, so maybe it's true.
                        But it was leaking onto the O2 sensor plug and could have been affecting that.

Comment

Installed snow tires today..yay.. ill post some pi when i go play in the snow..

Comment

Last week, I went to change my alt belt. Because it squeeled like hell on start up.

Yeah turns out, when it came loose at track day, it was all the altanator bolts thst came loose, and the bottom pivot one was only half way through, and held in by the force of the tenchinor.
                            So didn't need to change my belt, the hideous noise was cos the alt wasn't strait.

Comment

Today I cleaned the outside.
                              I took each wheel off to clean them, realised after two thst I had some XD8, a degreaser.....so the second two came out way better.

All in vein though, so much dust around it was dusty/pollination two hours later.....gggrrrrrr

Comment

So today the car puked a p0505 code. My manual is useless for that kind of info. Any ideas where to start?? Or a web site to check out??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X