No announcement yet.

ftjandra's big front brake install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I try anything too crazy I will get some ATE blue brake fluid along with some proper racing pads and see how those do.

Comment

Originally posted by therieldeal View Post
      i thikn all you guys trying to run road courses need to build some brake cooling ducts
      I second that.
      1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

So I guess I need to get some better fluid and some HP+ pads. I'm using Valvoline (I think) synthetic Hi-Temp fluid, but it still seems to overheat on the road we drive. Slowing from 130 to 70mph as fast as possible creates a little heat I guess. :p

Comment

Anyone has used the Porterfield R4-S pads on the track? Do they stand up to it? I've heard good things.

Comment

Bump! Ferdi, I will likely be doing this a little later, but can you verify the links posted on page two are of the same products needed, given the fact the post is nearly 6 years old.
            Thanks, and I will say, this is one of the best brake upgrades with minimal work needed ive ever seen yet!
            Mazda
            1988 Black 323 GT
            DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Originally posted by FamiliaGT View Post
              Bump! Ferdi, I will likely be doing this a little later, but can you verify the links posted on page two are of the same products needed, given the fact the post is nearly 6 years old.
              Thanks, and I will say, this is one of the best brake upgrades with minimal work needed ive ever seen yet!
              Yes, as of today the links to the calipers and rotors are still correct.

--Ferdi
              If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
              -----
              Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
              Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
              Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

good to be reminded of this post again. Might do something like this on my 323, but probably not because I'm lazy and have other cars that are more fun on big tracks (AE86!).

Regarding ATE Super Blue: whiny baby retards who couldn't tell brake fluid from other blue fluid got it banned, because retards. I think you can still get the gold version of it, but haven't really checked lately, since I still have a stock of unopened (steel cans) Super Blue.

Regarding pad compound: I used some carbotechs on my AE86, they were MUCH better than the hawks. but still needed more ducting. So I put in ducting, and also moved to Raybestos ST-45 front ST-43 rear. in my opinion, Raybestos are to Carbotech what Carbotech is to Hawk. 45-minute sessions at Brainerd Int'l Raceway.

I want to find a 5-bolt setup for my AWD protege that lets me fit 17's, because I think once I get the ST-205 drivetrain behind 320+whp, I'm going to need that kind of rubber to stick, then need better brakes to keep it in check. These darned project cars and their Wily Ways!! I will stop now, as this is not my thread, and I don't want to jack it.

--sarge

Comment

Working...
                X