Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frame damage

ok heres the scoop

Nova scotia has safty inspections for every car on the road once a year, you may something similar, anyway mines due in nov but i wanted to change the month by going in earlier and set it to aug or sept, cuz noone likes banging nuckles in the freezin cold

so last year i took it to a shop that did the provical inspection, and it needed a few holes patched no biggie all done and passed, now im a firm believer that i can do almost anything to my car that need fixxed, the nitty gritty things like wheel bearing, tie rods etc...

so i was going over my car for the up coming inspection and i look under my car for holes and wamm, my frame is all bend up into the back seat and ****, rusted too, from me driving in the winter without my knowledge of the frame all fnucked!

so needless to say its all banged up so i cannot fix it, the thing is that i have not gone to any shops with lifts other than that safty spot, i went to a muffler shop but they had a tire lift not a frame lift,

the "dent" if you will. is pushed up into the back seat as noted above, right where a frame lift would lift, so needless to say he did it last year and im now just finding out, and i cannot prove that it was him, itd be to damm hard

ok now onto the question, i have a donor car, can i cut out the section of bent frame off that car and have that professionally welded to the bad area of mine and still have it strong?? as it can be lifted again by a lift?

ive taken it to a friend and this has to be done for a pass, my 2nd option is to get a bodyshop to repair it, and thats alot of money i dont got.

ill see what i can do for pictures, its the peice of frame, right infront of the passenger side tire

thanks
    No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

I don't think that it will pass safety inspection if you just cut that piece of the frame off and weld another peice on. I'm sure that you are going to have to replace the frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweeaks
      I don't think that it will pass safety inspection if you just cut that piece of the frame off and weld another peice on. I'm sure that you are going to have to replace the frame.

Hahahahaha :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good luck replacing the entire frame of a unibody car. There are so many spot welds, easier just to buy another car.
      I know that you could cut out that bad section and weld the newer piece in place.
      Its what body shops do when they replace a frame rail in a car. And their cars pass safety inspection, otherwise they wouldn't be in business doing that. Besides there is no safety inspection (well not here in the US, AFAIK) reguarding frame sections so long as the car drives straight, has all appropriate lighting, decent brakes, and other crap like that.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

dood i keep tellin ay.. dont **** with the frame. .you cut a peice out an it'll be the weakest part in the who damned car.. an chances are if they see any welds during inspection the will slap a failed sticker on it asap.. but if you do need it welded .. we can take her up to dad an see what he can do with it.. he welded cracks i nthe frame of the tempo an hid them so she passed inspection.. eh can prolly beat the dent out. .an reinforce yer current frame with steel rods.. no needot cut **** out it'll weaken her more.. jus reinforce it with rods on the inside of it so thecant beseen.. undercoat her an shes all good to go..
        Pewter Silver 92 DX 5 Spd 1.8L SOHC
        -Stainless steel MagnaFlow exhaust with a double walled tip.
        -205/50/15 Bridgestone Potenza RE910 rubber
        -B&M Short Throw Shifter
        -MX-3 GS front seats
        -Front an Rear upper strut braces

(LOOKING FOR A CAI FOR MY SOHC !!!!)
        (GT-X on the way as I type)

Comment

Working...
        X