X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't be able to make this meet.
    1997 Mazda Protege DX - 1.5L, 4 door

Comment

Oh I hope more than 6 people show up. I've been waiting for a long time to see all your guys rides...

Comment

I locked in... everything else can wait, Ill just have to remember to mow my lawn on friday
        There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

Well, my car broke early this time. It usually breaks right before an event. So maybe it'll behave itself toward end of July, and if work allows I'll be there. Meantime, I get to find out if the clutch is stuck open (maybe a disc spring got loose and jammed it?), or if I busted the centerdiff even though it makes no bad noises. Either way I get to tow it to my pals' shop and put it on the damn lift. if it's the centerdiff, i have a spare tranny. If it's the clutch, that's the last ACT I buy, and I am looking into alternatives. I might get stoopid and spend 14 bills on a 8.8 kilo flywheel/twindisc setup that Corksport told me about. It should outlast the rest of the car. I'm down with that. I'm damn sick and tired of messing around with the friggin clutch.
          '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
          '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
          http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

only problem with that is you make the clutch too strong, look out drivetrain because SOMETHING is going to give... a clutch that can be had on a million and one web sites or a tranny that originates in japan... id personally rather keep throwing clutches at it but i do understand where it would be frustrating as all hell

Comment

That twindisc setup is gonna be much nicer to the trans than a puck clutch can ever be, and the thrust bearing will appreciate the lighter pressure plate. But I don't know that I wanna put a 1400 buck clutch on a 3500 buck car!
              '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
              '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
              http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

but jay... you have to make it man... come on i haven't seen you since the XXX meet a couple years ago.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

you could ask chris about it (mysta316) as i believe that is the clutch he is running in his drag car.

Comment

Originally posted by FazdaBoy4ever View Post
                    you could ask chris about it (mysta316) as i believe that is the clutch he is running in his drag car.
                    He doesn't run that car anymore.

Anyway, I'm in! I won't be in a BG probably.... But I'll be there!

Comment

make this meet count guy's the KY meet was canceled this year
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

then there's no excuse you for you guys not to be here!

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                        1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                        1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                        1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                        1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Originally posted by 808 View Post
                          then there's no excuse you for you guys not to be here!
                          True story.

Comment

TurboProto i pretty much copied what you said on the meet info and posted it on mx3.com and NWSR. i gave clubprotege the credit for starting it though!

Comment

Originally posted by vancouver View Post
                              TurboProto i pretty much copied what you said on the meet info and posted it on mx3.com and NWSR. i gave clubprotege the credit for starting it though!
                              Sweet! Thanks Bro!
                              1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                              http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
                                Well, my car broke early this time. It usually breaks right before an event. So maybe it'll behave itself toward end of July, and if work allows I'll be there. Meantime, I get to find out if the clutch is stuck open (maybe a disc spring got loose and jammed it?), or if I busted the centerdiff even though it makes no bad noises. Either way I get to tow it to my pals' shop and put it on the damn lift. if it's the centerdiff, i have a spare tranny. If it's the clutch, that's the last ACT I buy, and I am looking into alternatives. I might get stoopid and spend 14 bills on a 8.8 kilo flywheel/twindisc setup that Corksport told me about. It should outlast the rest of the car. I'm down with that. I'm damn sick and tired of messing around with the friggin clutch.

So thats the ACT 6 puck clutch that your running? Have you thought about running a unsprung clutch disk? I know ACT makes them cause we have on in our 1993 Toyota pickup thats prerunned and it takes the abuse of the dirt and daily driving. And which car is having the problems? the Maroon car or your rally car?
                                1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                                http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X