Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Street car. I wasn't, and don't plan on, using a puck on-off switch in that car. I'm thinkng more about biting the bullet and putting the twindisc in there and forgetting about it. Rallycar is using the same ACT clutch setup and it's holding up just fine. I don't know whyt I'm having such bad luck with the streetcar, 'cept for maybe it's the street car putting way more torque through than the rallycar...
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

i told some mx guys i think there will be like three or four of them going

Comment

well crap... looks like im going to be in the volvo for this one... meanwhile my ass is so sore from myself kicking it, seems some lucky dump is the proud owner of the majority of my intercooler plumbing and one of my gtx intake manifolds I boxed the stuff up as a buddy (whos in kansas for the army) was interested in buying it. That stuff i put into a HUGE box i was going to cut down, my only guess is that it was turned into a garbage box and that garbage box must have made it to the dump. that is my only logical explanation for why its straight up missing.

either way my build just got exponentially more expensive and im still waiting on parts from mazda, SO like i say the mazda will not be at this one
        There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

Sad story...

Comment

So just let every one know, I was looking at the schedule for PIR and they are not showing drag racing on Saturday but they are still showing it for Friday night, so unless your in for the time attack, there probably won't be any parking inside the gates on Saturday. If any one that still coming to this event, and want to meet up Saturday night as well for some drag racing, I will be there for it. I will still be there Saturday as well.
            Jason
            Yes Its 4wd woot woot
            sigpic

My Vb Gallery

Comment

Well it might be a possibility that I might not be able to make it. Things arent working out for me here and I might have to move out of state.
              Im currently in the process of finding a house to rent in the Costal Oregon area. I found some decient homes im my price range but most of them only have a 1 car garage and I need work space so that wont cut it. Also the 4wd is just about done but the remaining things to be finished will cost me more than I need to be spending at the moment. Im trying to get a loan from the bank to get myself back onto the right track.
              So right now all this is happening at the worst time for me and Im hoping that I can still make it for the meet but its a possibility that things might work out for me. If I can get the car running in time and the loan doesnt come through then I might have to go to plan "B" to come up with some gas $$

Ill keep you all posted
              1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
              http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Seems like it's a bad year for the BG meets. If you make it up to the Coast, it'll make the NW meets easier for you, but Cali meets harder. I'd be happy to meet you though, see another built 4WD.
                Wish I could make this get together, but my wedding makes it impossible. Sigh. Can only have so much fun I guess.
                No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

vagina > protege

Comment

lol. can't I have both?
                    No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

^ best of both worlds!!!
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Well now I dont have to move!!! I was able to get a loan to get my ass out of debt and things are looking alot better for me now. My car should be running in the next couple of days so that excites me even more, but I probably wont be able to come to the meet because i am now a co-owner of RB-Performance.net and we are swamped with motor swaps. We are moving to a larger shop and Im going to need to focus on the buisness cause we have grown alot in the last month.

Im super bummed that I wont be there to watch the Formula-D and attend the Mazda event, But I will be calling some of you to keep me updated on the events and who is racing and how they did etc.
                        If any of you have a laptop and could upload picts as the day is progressing that would mean alot to me and the people who couldnt attend.
                        1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

every time i get all excited about getting the parts to put my car together another part goes missing or i realize something i have wont work... I need to make a flange for the compressor outlet and have a section of pipe welded onto it I was hoping to just use mine (the one pipe i still have) and just chop it off shortly after the flange but it comes straight out of the flange at an angle.

so i may still be sporting the volvo unfourtunatly... all i can say is im trying (and come friday, i tried)

Comment

any one that is coming to this event on saturday have a passenger side non power 90-94 protege mirror they want to part with, please let me know
                            Thanks,
                            Jason

EDIT: that is not broken and in good shape
                            Yes Its 4wd woot woot
                            sigpic

My Vb Gallery

Comment

Yea I for sure cant make it. But the car should be running this weekend. I still have alot of work to competely finish it up but aleast it will start up.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

Well hell. 5AM and I'm either working, or heading down there, depends on weather....which says "go to work" so have fun y'all.
                                '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                                '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                                http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Working...
                                X