Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Ohio Meet 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ohio Meet 2008

I know the annual meet got canceled and a lot of people were bummed about it, myself included. So I got to thinking and I was wondering if any of the Ohio people woulld be interested in a Ohio meet. I know of a few spots up in Bowling Green, Ohio that would be pretty good for a meet but I'm open to ideas. Dates would probably be around end of July to early August, I was also thinking of inviting people from FEOA because they share the BG chasis with the 1st Gens. and I believe theres a few of their members in the area too. So if anyone is interested just give me a holler
    I used to own a Protege
    HAS NEW BATERY IN BAK BRAKES-

HAS NEW MUFFLERS BUT THERE KILLING THE MOTOR-

I'd be interested. Depends on the how many ppl will accually come
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

bringin up an old thread...

is there still any interest in this? BG would be great for me, its only probably 30 mins away.
      91 Cayman EGT, Sprint springs, S/R Struts, ebay short throw shifter, MX-3 Seats front and rear, MX-3 tie bar, WeaponR intake

Comment

im still interested in making a meet this year, i haven't had my fill & im mighty dissapointed
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

So lets do this before winter.
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

let me get my FE3 in
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

I live in NE Indiana and would definitely make the trip to BG for a BG meet! Let's do this!!
              miss my '93 LX at every corner
              photo album
              Catch me on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by martiniac View Post
                I live in NE Indiana and would definitely make the trip to BG for a BG meet! Let's do this!!
                where in indiana? my g/f's dad has some land out by lake gauge, just nw of angola.
                91 Cayman EGT, Sprint springs, S/R Struts, ebay short throw shifter, MX-3 Seats front and rear, MX-3 tie bar, WeaponR intake

Comment

good to hear your still with us andy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kunar View Post
                    bringin up an old thread...

is there still any interest in this? BG would be great for me, its only probably 30 mins away.
                    BG isn't too bad for a meet, a friend and I organized one for another forum and it wasn't too bad. Personally I would rather have it up in Toledo, we could just meet up where Toledo Tuners meet up on the weekends, its just off of I-75 up on Airport Highway.
                    I used to own a Protege

Comment

Yep... still here. I live in downtown Fort Wayne in Three River's apartments. I've been out on lake Gauge a few times but spend the majority of my lake time on Crooked.
                      Toledo or Bowling Green... either one works for me!!
                      miss my '93 LX at every corner
                      photo album
                      Catch me on Facebook

Comment

I'd hope for somewhere like BG just because it saves me a little drive time but if a majority say Toledo then so be it. Lets make sure it's The 3rd week of the month though. This way I know I'll have no money excuses
                        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Originally posted by greenthunder View Post
                          BG isn't too bad for a meet, a friend and I organized one for another forum and it wasn't too bad. Personally I would rather have it up in Toledo, we could just meet up where Toledo Tuners meet up on the weekends, its just off of I-75 up on Airport Highway.
                          airport highway just off I-475? where specifically?

toledo or bg would be fine for me... doesnt matter.

Originally posted by martiniac View Post
                          Yep... still here. I live in downtown Fort Wayne in Three River's apartments. I've been out on lake Gauge a few times but spend the majority of my lake time on Crooked.
                          Toledo or Bowling Green... either one works for me!!
                          yeah its closer to lake gauge, but we go out on crooked lake too.

Comment

[QUOTE=kunar;498986]airport highway just off I-475? where specifically?

toledo or bg would be fine for me... doesnt matter. /QUOTE]

If we go with Toledo it would be at night starting around 7:30pm and lasting till whenever. To get there take the airport highway exit off I-75 if coming from the South (I think Turpro would be coming from that direction) you turn right after you get off the highway and at the first light turn left, you'll see a big shopping center/ strip mall on the right hand side and they usually meet at Diagio Gelatos, a pizza/ coffee/ice cream place

If coming from the North on I-75 you get off at Airport Highway and turn left, at the second light you turn left and go to the strip mall place.

Or the out of towners could meet me in Findlay and we could have a convoy

If we go with BG we could meet during the day, cruise around BG and go to dinner somewhere then part ways from there. Plus a BG meet in BG sounds pretty cool, I know a couple of good places that are good photo shoot places too.

I have to change my earlier statement because I typed faster than I could think. I wouldn't mind having it up in BG because we can have more time to hang out and whatever, theres a couple of parks around plus BGSU is in session We could meet in a place called Carter Park which is just a very short drive off the highway. So do you guys wanna have this next week, which would make it the third weekend of the month, or try for the third weekend of next month?
                            I used to own a Protege

Comment

Originally posted by greenthunder View Post
                              If we go with Toledo it would be at night starting around 7:30pm and lasting till whenever. To get there take the airport highway exit off I-75 if coming from the South (I think Turpro would be coming from that direction) you turn right after you get off the highway and at the first light turn left, you'll see a big shopping center/ strip mall on the right hand side and they usually meet at Diagio Gelatos, a pizza/ coffee/ice cream place
                              across from home depot? theres a petco, a kohls etc etc. thats off 475, not 75. take 75 north to 475 west. exit 8, airport highway. the rest of the directions are right. anyways, if its not gonna start till late afternoon, thats no fun. i would like to meet sometime around noon or early afternoon. have time to get a table at a restaurant and bs for a while. be able to snap some pics and whatever. there are other restaurants in the area that are good, but if BG is better, thats fine too. i just dont know the area as well...

as far as when... doesnt matter much to me, any saturday or sunday is fine.
                              Last edited by kunar; 09-13-2008, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X