Headliner...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headliner...

Anyone got any advice on re-doing the headliner fabric.. it doesnt look too complicated. i know someone has done it before..

all i did was remove the headliner through the trunk. left the old one on, got sdome spray adhesive and a nice affordable fabric from walmart.. sprayed down about 10" at a time starting from the 'front' of the liner leaving at least 4-6" of excess fabric layin over the edge. Give you room to pull tight, adjust and what not. and just slowly work it all the way. then when i cut for the dome light... i stabbed a lil hole on the backside of the liner right in the middle of the dome light hole.. made a few slits going from the center to the corners, and folded it flush. kinda like gift wrapping. Now my liner looks HOT!

hope this helps
    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
    Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

^^^^pics?
      My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

miss my '93 LX at every corner
        photo album
        Catch me on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by worldhazard View Post
          all i did was remove the headliner through the trunk. left the old one on....
          Headliners fail because the foam between the fabric & backer board decomposes over time. In order to truly replace a headliner & have it not fail again soon, you have got to remove the old foam. Any fabric store has headliner material. Just ask the lady behind the counter.

If you are going to take the time to remove the headliner from the car, you might as well do the job right.
          miss my '93 LX at every corner
          photo album
          Catch me on Facebook

Comment

Working...
          X