dash lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dash lights

the lights on my dash dont light up when i turn the headlights on but the lights for fuel, oil, battery, high beams, indicators, etc all work. i've checked the fuses but they're all good. anyone got any ideas?? also my sidelights wont work, fuses are good and the bulbs are brand new. any ideas??

while i'm here might as well ask if anyone knows where i can buy a speedo cable online that'll ship international.

cheers

Have you tried adjusting the brightness switch.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
      Have you tried adjusting the brightness switch.
      no. didnt know there was one, whereabouts is it??

Comment

lol...on the left in the dash
        Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
        sigpic

Comment

just had a look. cant see one anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by synthetikal View Post
            my sidelights wont work, fuses are good and the bulbs are brand new. any ideas??
            Well on the left is the dimmer switch, it's under the leftest vent on the dash and to the right under it.....it has a ribbed dial that moves left to right for brightness . As for the sidelights.......otherwise known as the running lights or parking lights, did you check to see if you have a good connection in the headlight switch coming out of the steering colum? That is the most common problem in all cars no matter what make or model. Do your headlights turn on and high beams work? How about the turn signals? Did you install the correct amperage fuses? Did you install the correct bulbs? Did you check the fuse box under the hood? did you hit the red button on top of the fuse panel under the dash inside the car...it's the master reset for the fuses. IF all else fails, then my best guess would be that you would have a wire shortage some where in the harness, and that sucks if you do. Before you go and think its the harness for the wiring try and put a small slit in the main wire under the hood and see if you are getting a voltage reading. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Rice'sRocket View Post
              Well on the left is the dimmer switch, it's under the leftest vent on the dash and to the right under it.....it has a ribbed dial that moves left to right for brightness.
              forgot to mention its a jap import. i double checked again but there definately isnt one.

as for the sidelight prob will check em out later. looked for the reset button you mentioned and guess what?? doesnt seem to be one of them either LOL.

Comment

Is there any way you can post a pic of your dash? Those crazy japs always like to be sneeky in the way they build their cars lol.

Comment

will try to get a some pics in the next few days.

Comment

u say the sidelights won't work, if its the turn signal u're talking about when u indicate listen for a clicking sound, if no sound your flasher isn't good, its located near the accelerator pedal to the top right, little box about and 1inch wide and 2 inches long with a 3 pin plug, if its not that then it may get a little tricky, there are 5 main bulbs that provide light to the speedo and tach, they form 2 triangles when lookin at the cluster from the back with one middle bulb shared between the 2 main guages, i had an issue where none of my bulbs were lighting because one was faulty and by just rearranging the order i got some to light up if u want i can guide u through how to remove the main cluster, let me know if u got a solution

Comment

Working...
                    X