Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

97-98 front end conversion

has anyone done this with a 95-96 pro?

I believe someone half did it like 5 years ago. But why? its alot of work and money. change front corner panels, headlights, corners, headlight valences, grille, bumper, and any possible mounting differences.
    95 ES
    05 S60R

Comment

If you bought it all peice meal from a junk yard it would be probaly like $500 at most.
      Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
      kitty, you are a hilarious woman
      Originally posted by HopelessCow
      there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
        If you bought it all peice meal from a junk yard it would be probaly like $500 at most.
        Or better yet, keep looking in all classifieds, online and not, and buy a 97/98 sencond gen then sell your 1st gen. That's if you can afford buying another until you can sell the 1st one and with the money pay back whomever loaned you the money. I bought my 98, with minor problems that I easily repaired, for cheaper than the 96 that it replaced. The most you can lose in the process is the $500 you would have spent buying and replacing parts bought at the junkyards. Instead of repairing my A/C correctly, I just bought a newer old Protege. It also had better paint. Only the fender needs to be replaced for the obvious cosmetic reason.
        Last edited by mannydingo; 08-26-2008, 05:00 PM.

Comment

i already got a 91 civic hatch too but i wanted to make the protege a project n make it look good enough to put in HIN =]

Comment

then start with the 97/98 if you want that look. A whole lot less work to get it to look like a 97/98 and its just better looking.
            sigpic

Comment

i want a 95 with a 97-98 front =]

how about a 03 mazdaspeed protege front? =]

Comment

Originally posted by whit3jdmkid View Post

sure, do it.
                95 ES
                05 S60R

Comment

Originally posted by whit3jdmkid View Post
                  No offense, but that's dumb. Just sell it and get a 97-98. It's not like they're hard to find.

Knock yourself out. Be sure to let us know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by firelizard View Post
                    No offense, but that's dumb. Just sell it and get a 97-98. It's not like they're hard to find.

Knock yourself out. Be sure to let us know how it goes.
                    That's the suggestion I made above. Well, with the exception of calling it dumb. I'm not saying it's not but

Listen, man. The 97/98's also come with the radio up at the top. With the 95/98, tall cups, like the one's from fast food joints, hit the radio buttons. They turn the stereo off, change stations, lower the volume, etc. It all depends on what model radio you have. I'm tellin' you: Just diligently search and you will find.

EDIT: Let me add that I just looked up craigslist in Seattle and MAN, a 10 year old Protege can be pretty expensive up there. A 95 doesn't drop below $2000. Once again, search diligently and you will still find. Unfortunately, in your area it's going to take longer than in other areas.
                    Last edited by mannydingo; 08-26-2008, 05:11 PM.

Comment

how hard is it to fit; a 95-96 protege bumper on a 97-98; don't ask why.. just wondering.
                      | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

Very easy. Just has horrid gaps.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ni_tricksta View Post
                          how hard is it to fit; a 95-96 protege bumper on a 97-98; don't ask why.. just wondering.
                          If will probably fit on there just fine. However, your corner light and headlight will not fit with that fender in place. They're different so the front end tip of that fender will be different to fit those different lights. Now, I've never done it so I can't be sure of the placement fit but the light thing is for sure.

Comment

well some say that their horrid looking;
                            but i kinda like the two reflectors that are at the front;

Comment

Originally posted by mannydingo View Post
                              If will probably fit on there just fine. However, your corner light and headlight will not fit with that fender in place. They're different so the front end tip of that fender will be different to fit those different lights. Now, I've never done it so I can't be sure of the placement fit but the light thing is for sure.
                              i waz thinking same fender; headlights and grille;
                              just differnt bumper;
                              y wudn't the corners fit.. if i'm using the same headlight..
                              just mounting the bumper underneath.

Comment

Working...
                              X