Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

BG in Tigard Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BG in Tigard Oregon

A few days ago I came upon a couple BG's in the Parking lot of the King City Albertsons in Tigard Oregon. One is a 323 with a GTX/GTR midwing and LX wheels. Grey in color or primerish. The other is a light blue Protege with stock blacks on it with some kind of exhaust. Was wondering if anyone on here knows who these people are cause I live REALLY close to that area and would like to meet up if interested. Would be kool to compare cars and knowledge.
    94 Protege DX... A work in progress.
    Spring Tech Springs
    Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors
    Cone Filter
    17" Rotas
    More to Come......

Doesn't sound familiar to any I know. Should put a note on the windshields next them you see them, point them to the forum if they aren't here already.
    No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Wouldn't by chance be Eric's(deadly_sleeper) would it?

First Name:
      Eric

1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

does sound like it could have been Eric.. if not, **** go track em down an put a note on them!
        1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
        Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
        "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

That wouldn't be eric. He lives on the east side, no where near Tigard. Remember when he complained about the PDX meet that only a few showed to, and he drove 3+ hours? it takes 3+ hours to cross OR.

So no, not Eric. keep thinking.
          No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Originally posted by almighty4wd View Post
            That wouldn't be eric. He lives on the east side, no where near Tigard. Remember when he complained about the PDX meet that only a few showed to, and he drove 3+ hours? it takes 3+ hours to cross OR.

So no, not Eric. keep thinking.
            He told me the other day he was on vacation.....not sure if that means hes away from home or just vacation from ROTM
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I know who it is!!! It's not sleeper. I'm trying to think of what his s/n is... The blue car is a stock dx with exhaust, and the flat black car is my buddy ryan's old car... BP powered...

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
              1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
              1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
              1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
              1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Haha that DX is mine and the other is my roommates. That DX is just a daily driver the real cool car will be my black 4wd I'm converting into a manual with a BP05 engine.

Comment

Oh snap. I totally forgot you're down there. Still working on the 4WD?

Comment

Ya :/ I need to get that thing up soon it's so sad it's just wasting space right now. But I do have the engine back together now so all I need is some cv axles and some evapo-rust and I'm set.

Comment

Originally posted by Justbp-me View Post
                      Ya :/ I need to get that thing up soon it's so sad it's just wasting space right now. But I do have the engine back together now so all I need is some cv axles and some evapo-rust and I'm set.
                      Good to see that the mystery has been solved. I will try to stop in and set up a mini meet or something.
                      Spring Tech Springs
                      Cone Filter
                      17" Rotas
                      More to Come......

Comment

Originally posted by Justbp-me View Post
                        Haha that DX is mine and the other is my roommates. That DX is just a daily driver the real cool car will be my black 4wd I'm converting into a manual with a BP05 engine.
                        Hey, when you do the 5spd swap let me know. I am looking into doing the same thing to mine. Never done a auto/5spd swap before. Still trying to collect the parts necessary but it shouldnt be to long now, assuming my sister ever gives it back to me. LOL!
                        Spring Tech Springs
                        Cone Filter
                        17" Rotas
                        More to Come......

Comment

well my swap is with a 4wd but ya it is going to be a pain in the ass cause i gotta get parts from a 4wd which makes things hard.

Comment

Yea I can imagine that it would be harder to come by those parts. I just need to get my butt down to the J/Y and get the parts I need to do the swap.
                            Spring Tech Springs
                            Cone Filter
                            17" Rotas
                            More to Come......

Comment

Bah! To Quiet.
                              Spring Tech Springs
                              Cone Filter