Spark plug firing ORDER... wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spark plug firing ORDER... wont start

Ok i need help I need the spark plug firing order for a dohc 91 mazda protege....... now it starts and pops the sparks the plugs out....... I was cleaning them and i never knew they had to go into the same order....... THHAANNKKSS

Be specfic about it.....
    Last edited by ProjectProtege; 12-31-2003, 04:56 PM.
    Ratrod

Thanks theman you were right........
    Ratrod

Comment

if you are looking at the distributor from the passenger side, you'll plug them in like this:

2 3

Thats how i remember it anyways...1 on top, then 2 in front, 3 towards firewall and 4 on bottom.
      93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
      02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
      05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

it goes

on distributor
        93 Protege 5spd SE 1.8 L SOHC

Comment

the firing order is as Gro said

that is what the manual states, what i have on my car, and the proper firing order. from what direction are you looking at your firing order?

also if you took a look at the logic of the disty you will see that as long as 3 and 2 are oppisite each other the firing order will "work"
          When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
          Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
          Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
          So his engine he goosed
          With much too much boost,
          And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

I have a web page about installing plugs and wires on a '93 Pro.

The firing order is shown about halfway down the page, and according to my research, cylinder 1 connects to the top of the distributor; 2 is toward the fire wall; 3 is toward the front; 4 is at the bottom.
            '02 Black Protege5
            '93 Gray Protege DX

Comment

read my above post and if you researched the mazda maual your 2 and 3 cyl would be reversed. thus giving you contritictory data. so both work, both fire the proper sequince, and the logic works.

ecececececececececece

c= center pistons
              e= end pistons
              note the placement of the 1 and 4 cyl. they are constant. and to balance an engine the 2 and 3 cyl move together. i dont remember if the BP acts this way; but if both firing orders work, then this firing method makes a 1:3, 2:4 split of the engine sound very unlikely.

not to mention that if you do have a 1:3 2:4 split the engine is unbalanced across one of it's axis.
              When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
              Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
              Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
              So his engine he goosed
              With much too much boost,
              And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Ok, come on guys......why is it every time this problem comes up for someone there is always contriversy? There always seems to be more than one firing order. Are you telling me that Mazda built the BP motor more than one way??? All someone needs to do is go outside, pop the hood and start on passenger side of the valve cover and follow wire #1 to the cap and so forth until you have all 4, then come inside and post it. Obviously if your car is running, it's the right order. So please can we just get on with our lives already........so, to help things along, I went outside and checked my car. Here is how my wires are on my distributer cap.....

____________1
                (front of car)3--2(firewall)
                ____________4

**Lines were added in diagram to help imitate actual locations
                Last edited by BoostedPro; 01-03-2004, 02:48 AM.
                1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                MODS:
                GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
                TO DO LIST:
                EDM/JDM rear bumper
                EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
                Repaint car

Comment

Working...
                X