new amp on the 5th
    new amp on the 5th
    new amp on the 5th
    new amp on the 5th
    new amp on the 5th
    new amp on the 5th
    new amp on the 5th
    new amp on the 5th

sorry but really excited to have bass back.
    not much for zoom right now, but soon I will have more boom.

Anything I should do before the install as a precaution to keep from blowing this one like the last one.?.?.?.?
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

proper gauge wiring, proper ampherage fuse 12 - 18 inches from the battery, short ground from amplifier to seat back bracket bolt, good rcas help signal.. and a good headunit betters things for every audio component in your car. also clean wiring as so nothing gets cross wired... power on the passengers side, rca's on the driver's side.. remote turn on lead on either side, doesn't matter. aside from that, set modest gains on the amplifier.. ie only use 85% of the amplifier's total potential if possible... thats without supporting fact, i would just further assume the less you tax an amplifier..the longer it should last. now that aside, what kind of set up are you running? amp & subs?
    peace
    Last edited by Guest; 01-02-2004, 05:04 PM.

Comment

I know how you feel. My new amp will be here on the 6th.

Comment

KDLX 1000 HU
        Kenwood 6.5 in back
        Pioneer 6.5 in front
        2x 600 W Kenwood subs
        and the soon to be here jbl bp600.1 amp

I got it wired up with a RF wiring kit....
        50 amp inline fuse, power down drivers side, Monster cable RCA's down the passenger side, grounded amp to metal on body under plastic panel.

85% you say...... sounds good to me. Probably what killed my last amp.

Anything else?

Comment

#1, that amplifier, personally, i don't think you could have chosen a better amplifier for the money
          #2, not a bad set up as far as speaks.. question is, are you running any components.. coaxial 2ways, or 3 ways?
          #3, anything under the sun could have happened to kill your amplifier, however, my suggestions should help provide a 'safety' cushion from ****in that **** up.
          #4, run 4 gauge wire if you already aren't

and as far as jbl reliability, i have a 200 watt jbl amplifier sitting in my car that has gotten a solid 1 1/2 years worth of use in it, was used for 3 years prior to me getting it.. let me tell you, i've had no problem with reliability, never overheats even in direct sunlight in 80 degree weather with no air conditioning, always fires up when it's cold, and never lets me down. thats TON'S more than i can say for my NEW bazooka amplifier that likes to short or clip out as the heat builds up or bass hits are too hard (well, doesn't die, just trips into auto-protect mode too easily). you defineatly have made a good decision, based on that you've wired it as JBL intended it to be wired. good luck bro
          peace
          Last edited by Guest; 01-03-2004, 01:39 AM.

Comment

oh yeah 4 gauge wire kit....
            all speakers are 3 way around 220 watts max (next is 4 way amp to power them)
            hhhmmmmm padding.......
            yeah tools bouncing of old amp might have done it in.... I'll have to post pics of the top of it so you can see all the "mysterious scratches" that kinda appeared on top.......
            I guess no more 2 ton jack in the back with amp........

Comment

lol, if the wires grounded themselves out or crossed thanks to something metal flapping loose in the hatch, that could very well have been a problem. i've lost a headunit due to a stupid short.. there's no telling. hopefully someone else could give you a better idea
              peace

Comment

Good choice on the amp. I bought my JBL BP600.1 amp from Rider69 and love it! This is coming from an old school die hard SoundStream fan for what it's worth!
                2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                Groundkit

Comment

AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok wired up the new amp. Used RF wiring kit. Fired it up and still all treble, no bass
                  Used ohm/volt meter tested - power ~ good, Remote wire ~ good, then I test the speaker +/- on the amp and I get no power at all read. Could this be the fault of the amp? AFAIK everything else is wired up and waiting to bump.

Any other ideas for the cause of the most heinous crime?

Comment

does the amp actually turn on? did you test the 12V pos and remote wire by checking them to the amp ground? got the RCA's hooked up and subs hooked up? have you checked the ohm load of the subs? to test the sub leads, you gotta check it as AC voltage

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                      does the amp actually turn on? did you test the 12V pos and remote wire by checking them to the amp ground? got the RCA's hooked up and subs hooked up? have you checked the ohm load of the subs? to test the sub leads, you gotta check it as AC voltage
                      Ok used DC to test the Positive power source for the amp. Good there
                      Next checked remote wire lead using same tester, and same ground. Good there.
                      Finally I checked the speaker outputs on the amp and got nothing. I did use DC though.

There are two leds on top of the amp and they never came on. I know I have power to the amp, b/c the wires show power, could it be the RCA inputs? I checked them in the back of my HU, and they say rear inputs, so I put them into the rear inputs for the RCA jacks on the sub.

The only thing I can think of is either the amp is no good.?.?.? or the RCA connection to the HU is messed up some how.

any thoughts? IM me MimeAssassin or email NotArrogant@yahoo.com or post here. I am welcome to anyones thoughts or ideas. no bass =

Comment

if the LED's on the amp aren't turning on, then it's either the wiring, or the amp itself if the subs were messed up, then the protect LED would come on, so that's not your problem. and the RCA's won't effect whether or not the amp turns on. you checked the 12 volt positive to the actual ground terminal on the amp? same for the remote turn on?

Comment

yep, no leds light up at all.
                          I know I have a 1 year warranty on the amp, but I really want bass now.

Anything else it could be?

Comment

I know it is a stupid question but have you checked the Fuse on the Amp?
                            JBL Online Manual for the bp600.1 shows a total of 3 40w fuses on the side. Pull and check each one not only visually but pull a meter out and check for cont. Also check your Ground. Use the 12v test lead or meter at the source. Don't pull the (-) from the car or wherever you can find one, use the terminal on the amp (-) lead itself. Make sense?
                            Last edited by DeanSweetP5; 01-07-2004, 05:26 PM.
                            'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
                            -Dean
                            2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
                            18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
                            Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
                            MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
                            Injen CAI - Polished
                            Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
                            DaveB trim rings
                            Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
                            Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
                            Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
                            Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
                            Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
                            Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
                            Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
                            Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

yeah did all that. Used an volt/amp/ohm meter to check the wires, leads, ground, and replaced the fuses. Mine only has 2 40W fuses though?.?.?

Just going to send bench test results and the amp back to the seller for exchange.

Comment

Working...
                              X