Headlights go off when turn signals on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlights go off when turn signals on?

95 Protege. This is weird. Headlights on... when turn on right turn signal they go out! They stay on when left turn signal on. Looked at all sockets on right side, everything looked OK. Looked at wire harness from turn and headlights..all looked OK. Fuses must be good because everything works, just not like it should. Anyone have any ideas? Ground problem? But Where?

The combo switches could be bad. I had a similar problem with my highbeams. They would work with the stalk pulled back but not pushed forward.
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
      The combo switches could be bad. I had a similar problem with my highbeams. They would work with the stalk pulled back but not pushed forward.
      My lights would go off when I signaled a right turn.
      1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
      1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
      2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
      1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

1st gen....how did you fix your problem?

where are the combo switches located?

Comment

The steering wheel colum.
          I found a switch at a wrecking yard for $15. Shop around cause one yard was going to charge me $65. You might need a puller, can't remember. Pretty sure.

It's called a combination switch. The one for my BG came without the cruise control hardware but all I had to do was move the little harness from my old switch to the new one and it was all good. Your car may be different since it a little newer.
          1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
          1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
          2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
          1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

Working...
          X