Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just thought I'd point something out. I had the exact opposite experience. When I switched out the stock shocks on my 2003 DX to Mazdaspeed adjustables, I had to go to shorter front sway bar endlinks.

Last edited by mitchman; 03-15-2006, 11:03 PM.
    Mitch (Northwest)
    2003 Protege DX - Part time autocross car

Mazdaspeed Shocks (lime green ones), AWR Front sway bar links, K&N Drop in filter, Bogart 3-piece racing wheels (9 lbs!), Kumho Escta V710 race tires, Longer lug bolts (for 3-piece rims), Mobil One (engine), Redline MT90 (transmission)

Comment

Yep, the Mazdaspeed adjustables were "made" for the 1998-2000 models in Japan, which had the short endlinks. Thanks for the pic, it is helpful.
      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

I have worked on my car myself before, but I need to replace my front sway links (I'm new to this). I'm finding this to be a royal pain! I can't find anything that fits. I read some of the replys and see that I may need longer ones??? I could use some help on this issue.
        Zoom-zoom sucka!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly View Post
          yeah too bad mazda didnt even try to warn anyone with, i guess, the "older" 2000's cause my endlinks have broke 2 times in 80,000 miles.
          Yours broke too? I thought my wife was just tearing them up somehow. Is there a TSB on them ?
          Toyota Tacoma : The A-10 Warthog of Trucks

Anti-seize Grease is your friend

Comment

Since we're on the topic, does anyone know whether a 2003 LX and ES had the same end link mounting points?

I'm trying to see if I can pick up a set of shocks from AWR to conform to SCCA stock rules, but I can't move the end link mount point -- or change them (well I can do it for the front, but I wanted to make sure I'm legal for CACC stock as well for Canadian Nationals this year).

So I'm trying to see if the mountings were the same, then I can ask AWR about the ES. I asked Jason (jas00x), but he didn't know either -- then again, I think he had a 2000 or 2001.

Thanks!
            Matthew
            VCMC - Drive Hard or Drive Home

Comment

Help needed

Since we are (were) on suspension topic i decided to ask a question. My question is how hard is it to change the front suspension& shocks for 2000 ES i just found out they are completely gone and need them changed pretty soon coz i dont want my new tires to wear out. I know i need sometools to compress the springs but other than that what kind of specials tools doi need? I done almost anything on russian cars (with prehistoric technologies) but kinda afraid to touch a modern (kinda) car so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

well.. am wondering if i can reaplce my 2000 struts with the ones from a o2 ES.. the backs went on without a problem. but my problems is still there.. 2 ppl(+me) and a slight bump and i hear it rub on my tire.. does that mean i need better struts? or new springs.. I have 18" wheels. i dont think tire size should matter... anyways.. any helpt i'd appreciate it. Thanks

Comment

Is there any performance difference using the shorter endlinks compared to the longer ones on the 2001 Protege?
                  Why I asked, i have a pair of KYB front shocks from the '99 Protege that uses the shorter endlinks, but I have a 2003 Protege, just want to know if it's worth keeping.
                  Thanks!

Comment

Good question...I found a good set of used KYB struts at the JY and found out the endlinks are different (is that the only difference in the struts from 99-00 and 01-03 models...the mounting of the endlink?)

If I go from the longer ones on mine and grab the shorter ones will it hurt anything by mounting the KYBs with the shorter endlinks?

Comment

any thoughts on brand preference? moog, mevotech, beck/arnley, mazda OEM? big differences in prices among all the brands!

Comment

Need some help finding sway bar bushings or swaybar oem diameter to replace bushings. Any help

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

Almost forgot I have a 02 mp5

Comment

Originally posted by medinag View Post
                            Almost forgot I have a 02 mp5

I'm not sure about the '02 P5 but the '02 DX has a 21 mm diameter front and a 17.5 mm diameter rear stabilizer bar, OEM.

Happy Motoring!
                            02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                            MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                            MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                            Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                            MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                            Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                            Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                            Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                            Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                            Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                            Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                            Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                            Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Thanks gold

Comment

Working...
                              X