X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001+ Protege Front Swaybar Endlink Part Number

I'm posting this for future reference:

If anyone with a 1999/2000 Protege wants to upgrade their struts to the Tokico Blues or any other brand, you will most likely need the longer front swaybar endlinks off the late 2000 and 2001+ on Protege's. Sometime during the 2000 model year, Mazda moved the mounting location for the endlinks up higher on the strut itself; which also necessitated longer endlinks.

Here is the part number:
    LC62-34-170B
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Thanks Clint. I will have to remember this for future reference when I order the blues.

Comment

yeah too bad mazda didnt even try to warn anyone with, i guess, the "older" 2000's cause my endlinks have broke 2 times in 80,000 miles.
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

NICE INFO...Will come in handy........THanks!!!!!!!
        "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE

If anyone with a 1999/2000 Protege wants to upgrade their struts to the Tokico Blues or any other brand, you will most likely need the longer front swaybar endlinks off the late 2000 and 2001+ on Protege's. Sometime during the 2000 model year, Mazda moved the mounting location for the endlinks up higher on the strut itself; which also necessitated longer endlinks.

Here is the part number:
          LC62-34-170B

Why would I need longer front swaybar endlinks (when my car doesn't have a front swaybar in the first place) just to install my new shocks/struts (KYB GR-2s)? How would I know if my 2000 is one of the ones that had the endlinks moved up on the strut?

Comment

If the endlink tab on the KYB's are in the same location as they are on the Tokico's, (see attachment) then yes, you will need the new endlinks.
            Attached Files
            Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
              ALL US models CAME with a front and rear sway bar!
              why don't you go LOOK again?
              Even on the DX model?

Comment

Yes all US Protege's came w/ front and rear swaybars.........
                Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Here is the part number:
                  LC62-34-170B
                  I just bought the MSP swaybar set a while back. Am I still going to need the longer front swaybar endlinks or will the ones that are coming with the swaybar kit be sufficient?

Comment

The ones that come with the Racing Beat set are for the rear only IIRC.
                    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

The ones that come with the Racing Beat set are for the rear only IIRC.
                      Ok, so that means I have to order the swaybar endlinks through the dealership then, right?

Comment

If you indeed have the short ones in the front.
                        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

So if I have an 01 I'm A-OK for endlinks?

Comment

You should be.
                            Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

If you indeed have the short ones in the front.
                              yeah my 2000 had the damn long ones !!! This was NOT good in my case, since I have the mazdaspeed adjustables(greens)

..Richard at Mazdastuff came thru though....got my new endlinks on my car today

Comment

Working...
                              X