Wheres the heat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheres the heat?

If i can figure out this last problem my car would be in perfect running order. The car does not over heat...its has enuff coolent but when i turn the heat on it feels like im getting some and a little bit of cold air?. Before my trans blew if i turned the heat all the way up it would burn my hand now...after i left the car heat up for like 15mins and the whole drive home im still cold as hell?? any guesses?...i was thinking the heater core but theres no smell and no leak from it at all and no over heating problem..what else could it be?
    Airport and flights keeping me to busy ...even for my own car...:-(...cant wait for the holidays to be over..

heater core plugged or low coolant. You might not notice it overheating with low coolant due to the cold ass NYC weather. Regardless make sure you have no kinks in the hoses to the heater core and your fluid level is up.
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
      heater core plugged or low coolant. You might not notice it overheating with low coolant due to the cold ass NYC weather. Regardless make sure you have no kinks in the hoses to the heater core and your fluid level is up.
      Im sure its not the low coolent because it when i added some it went to the overflow and i only added about 3 caps before it started overflowing so i guess the next thing to do is to flush . Thanks for the help :-)
      Airport and flights keeping me to busy ...even for my own car...:-(...cant wait for the holidays to be over..

Comment

be sure to back-flush your heater core to take out any gunk if possible.

Comment

I have this problem on my 323 with the -30 weather we had last week my car was barley warm at all.
          Going to backflush today.

Comment

Im going to try this today because it's my day off and i dont want to drive home in the cold again...is it located on the passenger side? because i have to do the same to my wifes truck so i figure 2 birds with one stone.

Comment

My heater core now has excellent flow still not that hot.

Comment

Originally posted by bcowie View Post
                My heater core now has excellent flow still not that hot.
                what did you do?

Comment

Don't mean to open an old thread but its getting colder again, I changed my heater core a while ago and my engine temp drops when I'm on the highway so the heater gets colder.
                  I changed the thermostat yesterday.

Comment

so you changed the thermostat after you found out it was cooling down again?
                    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                      so you changed the thermostat after you found out it was cooling down again?
                      Car cools down while driving on the highway just noticed it recently as its getting colder.
                      Changed thermostat yesterday, on my way to work today I had the same issue.

Comment

ahh so it was cooling down before/after the thermostat change, kk.

by the sounds of it, you're dissapating(sp?) heat way to quick to store it...what rad are you running? also what thermostat did you run? temp wise...
                        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

ATX rad the bigger one
                          I am using a 195F thermostat from napa

Im considering putting cardboard in front of it

Comment

you shouldn't need to use cardboard
                            As long as your thermostat is working the size of your rad shouldn't matter as the thermostat will keep the hot coolant in the block unless it gets too hot.
                            I've has the same problem a few times, once was the thermostat had popped out, other time was a blown thermostat after overheating, and another time I think it was just jammed open.

Nick
                            Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
                            sigpic

Comment

if you've flushed the heater core and made sure it's flowing properly, make sure that the hoses going to the heater core aren't kinked, also check the flapper doors, they may not be opening/closing properly when you select the heat.

Comment

Working...
                              X