Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found out the recently replaced lower control arms (new balljoints/bushings) already have worn out balljoints(the guy i loaned it to drove it like a dick before i repo'd it back)
    looks like i will be seeking out the 626 subframe & control arm upgrade after winter(If the car holds up that long) else wise i'll just be upgrading to the 626 balljoints themselves.

Ordered some new coilpacks & a new rear motor mount both arrived today- anxious to see if i can net a MPG improvement from putting on new coilpacks since one is faulty & sometimes fails to fire off 1 cylinder.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I've always hated the integrated balljoint/control arm rubbish.

At the minimum doubles the cost of a conventional balljoint replacement all to save a few minutes at the factory's assembly line.
      Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
      kitty, you are a hilarious woman
      Originally posted by HopelessCow
      there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Hey y'all. Been trying to get the damn cel off . After the header install , I used the defouler method, no luck. Gettiny axles replaced tomorrow am, the road work is desperately needed out here in the 413.

Comment

I installed a Walbro HP fuel pump over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by 1.6HERMS View Post
            Hey y'all. Been trying to get the damn cel off . After the header install , I used the defouler method, no luck. Gettiny axles replaced tomorrow am, the road work is desperately needed out here in the 413.
            How big of a hole did you put in the defouler?? Did you hook the EGR system back up to the manifold??
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

I had a friend bore a 1/2 inch into it. Followed instruction exactly. I never bothered with the egr, I acually replaced it a year ago as the vtcs was removed. You think that could have something to do with it.

Comment

Hows that fuel pump working for ya. Any boost in performance

Comment

Hows that fuel pump working for ya. Any boost in performance
                  I installed the Walbro fuel pump mainly because the rx7 fuel pump that was installed in the car died on me. The main thing that i noticed with Walbro is that the car starts on the first turnover, whereas the RX7 fuel pump to 3 - 4 attempts before starting but thats probably due to the fact that it was on its way out.

I haven't been able to fully test the car performance because after following after I changed the fuel pump I started having gearbox problem. I was hearing a loud clunk clunk noise whenever I make a right turn or left turn while driving. If I disengage the clutch during the turns the sound would go away until i engage the clutch. After 5 more minute of driving the car the gearbox started making that clunk clunk noise again, only this time its driving straight while going through all the gears (1st - 5th) one by one until it no longer going into gear (not even reverse).

I'm guessing its either the splines on the inner cv joint are sheared off or the diff failed.

When one problem is fixed. Another one rear its ugly head.
                  Last edited by mazkam; 01-16-2015, 07:52 AM.

Comment

I had a friend bore a 1/2 inch into it. Followed instruction exactly. I never bothered with the egr, I acually replaced it a year ago as the vtcs was removed. You think that could have something to do with it.
                    I had to bore out the defouler to actually fit the O2 sensor into it, the end into the exhaust i left small. it can always be enlarged.
                    What is the check engine light code??? have you actually had it read?? that will tell you alot more.
                    I actually left my EGR pipe completely open & didn't screw it back on the manifold (I just welded it shut on the manifold side) the pressure differential between atmosphere & the vacuum in the intake manifold seems to be enough of a pressure difference it doesn't know any different.
                    I might suggest a smaller 1/8-1/4" hole in the defouler end no more than 3/8" & see if that helps (if its an O2 code)

Comment

Changed the oil, then checked and cleaned the brakes.

Comment

bought 2 axel seals, need to replace the drivers side seal....

Comment

tried using a shaft collar to fix my mazdaspeed shift knob with the kartboy shifter. the shift pattern on the knob isn't aligned and i thought i could use a shaft collar as a "stopper." well as the knob tightens the shaft collar just shifts lower, so i'm going to try a set screw next.

i also finally used that retaining ring Channellock pliers i bought. i repositioned the metal e-clip that sits in the cup of the shifter ball. hopefully that'll quiet down the rattling noise ive been having when the car is in gear, ever since i installed the kartboy shifter (10 years ago, hah). you might say i'm damn procrastinator

Comment

Oil light came on...... 276k oil level is full....... debating my options now

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                              Oil light came on...... 276k oil level is full....... debating my options now
                              Here is an option.... Speed 3 engine and gearbox swap.

Comment

chain driven..... no thanks- thats where i draw the line

Comment

Working...
                                X