Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now my struts are done, end links replaced, oil pan replaced.

The J-pipe I had obtained from the JY was slightly off so I'm guessing there were slight changes to the J-pipe between earlier and later 2.0l models. Odd.

Last projects for now are going to be exhaust and tinting windows.

Comment

Finally, now that my SS brake lines are installed and the car road tested, I was able to install my summer only wheels/tires today. I really missed them.

Now my sports sedan is all set for maximum fun in the twisties and on our vacation trips.

Happy Motoring!
      02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
      MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
      MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
      Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
      MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
      Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
      Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
      Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
      Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
      Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
      Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
      Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
      Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Relocated battery to trunk and put new carpet on the floor. also got the measurements I needed to start on lexon and fiberglass doors and custom dash

Comment

Friday I met the (at the time) owner's son. Saturday I bought it. Today I washed it. Tomorrow I will change the oil, filters, and brake pads/shoes.

Comment

After tracking down and purchasing (at an unfortunate price) a Pioneer cage and frame for my AVH-P3200BT, I moved it from the Miata's dash to the Protege's.

Comment

Looks right at home in there. Nice.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk.

Comment

bought mine 2 new rear tires... stupid camber ate through the other ones, good thing i only have 5 weeks left of driving(hopefully) before the car is stored for the winter..

Comment

took the rattling heatshiled off the j-pipe/front pipe. the 2 front bolts were rusted onto the pipe, the bolt holes in the heatshield were rusted to even wider holes so the only thing holding it on was the 3rd bolt. when i went to attempt to tighten that, the metal on the heatshield was weak and torn and ended up pulling the bolt out when i tried to remove the socket. can't really install a new heatshield without some sort of high-temp epoxy or buying a new j-pipe. oh well, at least that took care of 1 rattle.

also painted some new rear blank rotors. painted the hub/hat areas and when it dried, found some lint in the paint from the cloth i used to clean it. any ideas? could i just lightly sand to get 'em off and paint my 2nd coat? on a side note, i went to blow my nose and my snot was the same color as the spray paint. hmm...i want to see goggles everybody!

Comment

I bolted my caliper back on on the passenger side and broke off the bleeder valve, setting back the completion of my brake pad change by two days while I wait for new Russell speed bleeders to come in.

Comment

whoops wrong section.
                      Last edited by EGTeric93; 09-22-2011, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Well, I got my caliper issue sorted, replaced the pads on the other side without bothering to take apart the caliper. Turns out I bought the wrong part # of bleeders, so those were useless and I had to go buy another 8mm valve. No biggie though.

The Russell bleeders I ordered happen to fit the Mazdaspeed brakes I have ordered.

Today all I did was grumble about all the creaking and clunking coming from the suspension and how much more money it's going to take to fix it all.

Comment

I had some creaking coming from my right-front strut. Nothing was leaking and the car didn't bounce excessively when I pushed down on the corner. Sprayed some WD-40 on the shaft and let it sit for a bit before work, voila, no more squeek, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
                            I had some creaking coming from my right-front strut. Nothing was leaking and the car didn't bounce excessively when I pushed down on the corner. Sprayed some WD-40 on the shaft and let it sit for a bit before work, voila, no more squeek, haha.
                            Woah, you got a BJ too?

Also, that issue sounds similar to mine. I have all sorts of weird creaks and groans coming from the front that do not sound like "blown strut" (though "blown strut" is also a present sound). I was thinking it was the upper strut mounts though.

Comment

Haha, no. I have the same problem on my BH. My upper strut mount looked fine when I checked it. I've been going over all the bumps and cracks that I usually cringe at, but no noise whatsoever. It may not have solved the problem, but it solved the symptom.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk.

Comment

LOL

I completely forgot that I posted about my creaking which is why I was so confused. Sometimes I wonder about me...

Comment

Working...
                                X