No announcement yet.

Geoff's 1997 Mazda Protege ES Worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good man! Did you do the port & polish yourself? Also, will your engine stay non-interference with those miata pistons? Are you going to be running the stock ECU? Sorry lots of questions lol

Comment

I did not do the porting myself, did not want to try it myself with the head I knew was going to put on; maybe with a spare.

Yes, the engine will remain non-interference since I did not have the head or blocked decked and the pistons have recesses like the stock pistons.
      1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

very nice, the port work doesn't look too extreme which is good. are there any plans for boost in the future??
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I cant believe ive missed this thread.
          THAT is one clean motor.
          Nice headwork too.
          Powered by ACME

Comment

very nice head very clean also any plans to boost the engine down the road

Comment

Maybe boost, but I was happy with the engine in stock form with just suspension stuff driving around the mountains, so maybe not. Money and time with be the deciding factors in the end.

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

Thanks for the bump spammer, lets get an update on this thread! lol

Comment

Bump for motivation
                  I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                  |.....Overnight....................| ||
                  |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                  |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                  "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                  Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Haha, I haven't been able to do much since school started for me again. Hopefully on the next full, free weekend I have, I can work on it.

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Henchman View Post
                      Haha, I haven't been able to do much since school started for me again. Hopefully on the next full, free weekend I have, I can work on it.
                      when is your fall break?
                      I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

I don't get one...I get like 3 days off for Thanksgiving and then Winter Break starts around Dec 22.

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

BUMP for updates
                          E's Factory
                          sigpic
                          1995 Protege LX JSpec BPT Swap

Comment

Bump for motivation

Comment

sub
                              not a noob, just lurking. I'm a fan of BP power!
                              1998 Mazda Protege ES- work in progress
                              1995 Mazda Miata; P5 Shift knob, Carbon fiber hood, 99 miata 14"rims+Toyo, ASA JS1 205/55/r16+ falken Ziex, NGK wires+plugs, Fully synthetic everywhere, custom DIY seat covers, Harddog Hardbar, PB mid+highs, Pioneer deck,
                              02 Protege5- 17" rims, Pioneer all around, tints, Mazdaspeed exhaust, OBX 4-2-1, Bomez intake, Tokico blue+ Espiler, tinted ((SOLD))

Comment

I opened up the trans, I'll post some pics of the internals and diff swap after finals though.

Just had time to open it up a bit and snap a pic.
                                Last edited by Henchman; 10-27-2009, 01:49 PM.

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X