common 1.5 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

common 1.5 problem

this is about a common problem with the 1.5L engine(may be with 1.8 too). i thought i might share this knowledge since no one on here could help me with it before. so here it goes...

1995 protege dx...
    the engine chugged under acceleration and was underpowered, also very bad mpg. the check engine light was on. i finally found out through a friend of a friend that it was a bad fuel pressure regulator and is a very common problem on the 1.5L. i bought the new part for $50 at autozone and put it on myself. the car runs wayyyy better now. back to over 30+mpg, check light went off, and now, the car is only kinda slow, instead of really slow haha!

if anyone wants to know a basic outline of the steps to replace the part yourself let me know, you don't have to be an ace mechanic to do it but please don't be embarrassed to ask.

i hope this helps!!!!
    Last edited by 95dx; 01-30-2009, 01:29 AM. Reason: grammar
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will kick you repeatedly in the balls"

why don't you just make a "diy" and maybe it'll be a sticky somewhere then; so every1 can learn from it
    | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

I can sticky it for future reference if needed.
      MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

lulz its only a FPR swap on a z5, no need to sticky it.....
        I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
        |.....Overnight....................| ||
        |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
        |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
        "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
        Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
          lulz its only a FPR swap on a z5, no need to sticky it.....
          Indeed Nate,its not exactly a burnt exhaust valve but his intentions are valid,
          Bask in your find 95dx.
          Powered by ACME

Comment

Hm, maybe THAT's what's wrong with my white car.

I'm gonna have to look into this further... unless you plan on posting a DIY, which would be awesome.

Comment

what, it takes all of 10 minutes to do including walking outside unlocking the car, popping the hood and getting out tools. 15 minutes tops including cleanup and washing hands... do you need a DIY?
              I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

perhaps a thread/sticky on troubleshooting and replacement of a bad FPR may be more usefull
                Powered by ACME

Comment

Originally posted by Beerizfood View Post
                  perhaps a thread/sticky on troubleshooting and replacement of a bad FPR may be more usefull
                  Its in the FSM

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
                    Its in the FSM
                    which is available for zero dollars.