Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to pay to get my car up and running.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to pay to get my car up and running.

So I am looking for some serious help. I will hopefully have between $400-$600 by early next month as well as a slew of parts such as vortech FMU, mx-3 3spoke stearing wheel, and other items that i will let people who come help pick through. I want to work out a weekend that someone or a few people can come help me get this list of items accomplished. I'm going to try and locate the hosing and such that i need. I will pay whatever I can, more that the $600 even if the person can really do what I need. I have to get this car up and running by the end of april so I need help soon. Please only post in here if you are serious.

Here is my list of what I need help and guidance with:
    Engine Bay:
    Run Wiring
    Run hoses for: Brakes, Vacuum, Fuel, Coolant
    Install Exhaust Manifold
    Install Intake Manifold
    Check Timing
    Finish Front Engine Mount
    Install and buy alternator and belt
    Install fuel rail, injectors and stock fpr
    Finish installing radiator.
    Connect shifter cables to transmission
    Fill trans fluid, engine oil
    Get Auto Protégé LX throttle body
    Custom spark plug wires
    New speedometer cable (or make the GTR trans use an electric speed sensor somehow)
    Buy and install trans cooler maybe
    Bolts for Thermostat, CAS, collar for cas, cam gears
    Studs for exhaust manifold
    Arp bolts for fuel rail?
    Hose for transmission to slave cylinder

Cabin of car:
    Install the heater core and hvac system from the 1994 mx-3
    Install the wiring for the 1994 dash and hvac system
    Install the dash from the 1994 mx-3
    Install the cable shifter system
    Install the viper alarm system
    Maybe install the door poppers
    Small car battery and box to hold it for rear of car
    Finish installing the Fuel cell, external pump and hosing, make sure clean, safe, doesn’t leak
    Last edited by projectmx; 02-22-2009, 06:49 PM.
    In the Garage
    Black 93 MX-3 GS
    Bp powered
    GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
    MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

if my labrat testing falls through i'll come down if you think i could actually do what you need done.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

i'll let you know i'm working on talking to a shop or two around here also see what they will work out
      In the Garage
      Black 93 MX-3 GS
      Bp powered
      GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

updated the first post with what i believe to be a comprehensive list of what i need.
        In the Garage
        Black 93 MX-3 GS
        Bp powered
        GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

so the first weekend was mostly a wash. i paid someone $100 plus about another $100 in free new and used parts and all we did was label most of the miatas plugs for the engine bay and discover that i may not be able to use the harness. the miata harness goes from the ecu and splits in a Y formation the right part goes into the engine bay and goes to some parts of the engine and the headlights / turn signals / driving lights, the left part goes behind the dash to control hvac / radio / cluster then goes into the engine bay to do most of the other engine sensors and the left headlight / turn signal / driving light.
          The mx-3 and protege is completely different so what i will likely have to do is repin a protege harness and add the missing the miata AEM EMS needs to that harness.

I need someone who can do that and relatively soon. i have a harness i can buy but if i can't find anyone to pay to do it and help install it then i have no reason to buy it and the car will likely go to the junkers since i am not sure i can afford to store it for a lot longer and i can't bring it home and have no where else to put it
          In the Garage
          Black 93 MX-3 GS
          Bp powered
          GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

dude. i told you id do the wiring for you. Id come out personally if i wasn't in this medical study. Anyhows, installing the harness again isn't a problem- i personally know your more then capable to do that. Make a WTB BP harness if you haven't already. get me all the AEM stuff wiring diagrams & i'll wire it together for you. simple- make it happen tim

How much is storage anyhow?
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

storage near me is about 120-180/month ... and the part i'll mostly need help with is wiring up the dash and all that and getting the engine going... it isn't going to be just plug and play i know there will be wiring issues that i'll need help with.. electrical systems are something i know next to nothing about. i have to wiring in the fuel pump, hvac, guage cluster, figure out how to get a speed signal to the ecu stuff like that... i already found a harness for 130 but i'm going to try and talk him down a little at least. ryan send me your email and i'll shoot you over the aem pinout info and also all the miata wiring info you should have the protege / mx3 stuff but i can send that also
              In the Garage
              Black 93 MX-3 GS
              Bp powered
              GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

do you have to sign into a 6 month contract for the storage unit or can you do it month-month. if you need a months storage paid for so you don't have to scrap the car im more then willing to help there too. Rather, i'd say you've come too far to quit now

$130 is way too much money for just a harness, tell that guy to take a hike.

Comment

i have yet to find another option for a harness and not sure if i can do a month by month this time
                  In the Garage
                  Black 93 MX-3 GS
                  Bp powered
                  GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

well you should find out. call them have someone go to the JY & pull you a harness. $130 is rediculous.... PM Mx3_4_ever & have him pull you one april 1st on half price day it'll be only a couple bucks

Comment

Working...
                    X